Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

the lift is done!.. kinda

View previous topic :: View next topic  
96sportster

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: the lift is done!.. kinda Reply with quote

so i got the 3 inch lift kit with AALs from rusty with the rustys shocks and i ordered some s10 leafs off ebay as well... after 3 days of problem after problem, i jsut dropped the truck off at a shop to get the rear shocks welded in

so the front finally went in, nothing wrong there... but driving to the shop when the engine wasny under and load i heard a grinding, any ideas?

for the rear, i put in the stock top leaf with the eyes, the biggest s10 leaf and i jsut cut off the eyes, the second biggest leaf from the s10 and the AAL that came with the kit....

front with the lift

rear with the lift

so the problems:
1. he says the floor pan doesnt hold welds good....
2. WHERE DOES THE BRAKE LINE DROP BRACKET FROM RUSTYS GO????
i cant figure out where this thing belongs...
3. with the bigger lift in the rear, will i need longer brake lines and jsut forget the bracket all together?
4. the driveshaft is at a massive angle, TC drop??
5. would like a wedge that goes between the axle and the leafs help instead of having to drop the TC? (i could use a shim to do this right)
6. SHOULD I JSUT REMOVE THE AAL?

any responce on this would be a HUGE help...... also with that much lift over the front, wont the rear kick out when stopping in the rain?
Toliver09

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.yes, a tc drop is probably going to be required if the rear lifted more than 3"

2. the rear brake line is actually easier to replace with a 1995 dodge ram 1500 rear brake line, it's about 7" longer than stock and will do fine with the stock mount

3. shims will help, but will not completely fix the problem, a 1" tc drop will reduce the angle around 5 degrees at least; with the 4.5" kit i got from rough country between the shims and the 1" tc drop my driveshaft is at a seemingly normal angle and has no vibes to name.

It looks good though, hopefully the aal sags, it looks like the rear is higher than the front
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
96sportster

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

should i jsut removed the AAL, that should lower it to the point where itll sit at 3inchs higher than stock, instead of the like 5 it is now lol

... i was doing this on a budget... but should i jsut get 1.75 coil spacers, the dodge break line and a TC drop and have like 4.5 inchs of lift?

that'll put my overall cost at around $530+ cost of welding in th shocks
Toliver09

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could leave the aal on if you do the 1.75" coil spacers, it'd even out after a few months.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
96sportster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

id still need to extend the break line and drop the tc and prob some shims too.... thats like 100$ more for a 4.5 inch lift... i could have got rusty's actually 4.5 in lift ith theyre spring packs for almost that price, and that comes with LCAs Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: