Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Noob question Budget Boosting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kirkwood007

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Noob question Budget Boosting Reply with quote

I'm wondering about doing a BB on my TJ. Is there anything I need to worry about when I'm out wheeling with a BB? Is there anything to worry about with them flying out on the trails like all my crazy non jeep owning friends say? Any info or testimonials would be really great! I'm looking at a 2.25" BB with some Rubicon twin tube shocks.
Polar01

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be fine.

You will need adjustable sway bar disconnects, or longer sway bar end links. They're not real spendy. Lots of companies make them, I recommend the JKS Quicker Disconnects, quality units.

I've got 1" spacers and 1" longer coils temporarily on mine and the only issue i've had is forgetting about the sway bar links resulting in a broken one leaving my driveway, so I would'nt recommend leaving the stock ones on.

Some people experience driveline vibration at, and definitely above, 2 inches of lift. Which would require lowering your transfer case skid plate a bit, 3/8 - 1/2". I have'nt had an issue with roughly the same amount of lift you're talking about. But it's a possibility.

I would'nt recommend any severe wheeling with the BB, but for trail running or clearing the next tire size up, you should be fine.

You're lucky man, Kentucky has alot of great 4wheeling! I've had mine down there a few times in creek beds and the hills bordering the Ohio river, great time there, good people.

Good Luck
Polar01

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.s. dude, whats a Noob? Is that short for "newbie"?
bubbaedc

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polar01 wrote:
P.s. dude, whats a Noob? Is that short for "newbie"?

lol not a gamer i see Razz yes its slang for newbie
39.5x16.50R16 pitbull rocker extremes
Homemade Bumpers and rock sliders
check us out at www.tucsonoffroad.net
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
kirkwood007

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea man its definately for a newbie! I bought the TJ about 3 years ago and am just starting to really hit the trails. I get in some rough trails but I really don't push it to the limit or anything. I really want some extra clearance and hope to get a larger tire. I agree about the trails in KY. We have some beautiful country and I love hitting the 4wheeler trails in central KY. If you come back down I can show ya some fun places. Can you are anyone show me some pics of your rides after a BB? Thanks for the replies.
bubbaedc

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

before:

after:

39.5x16.50R16 pitbull rocker extremes
Homemade Bumpers and rock sliders
check us out at www.tucsonoffroad.net
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
kirkwood007

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the extra clearance. I think I'm gonna try one out. Its a DD so I really don't need to throw the extra money for a budget breaking boost. After I get the tcase back in action I will definately be giving the jeep some height.
TJ Apex

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey bubbaedc, I guessing, but it looks like your tires are 31's. I too am thinking of a BB and I'm running 32's, but I will be going back to 31's soon.

02' Apex Edition,
2" BB, 31" BFG AT's
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: