Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2.5 td sport problems.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gibsonlane1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject: 2.5 td sport problems. Reply with quote

hi, i posted a problem with my jeep about 5 months ago! the jeep went into the garage on December the 20th 2007. Its still there having had 'numerous problems rectified'.The symptoms were poor accelleration after about 2000 rpm, it was booked into the garage but on that morning the battery was flat and had to be towed in. The diagnosis was the diesel pump. that was rectified, then the gauges played up. The vehicle was sent to main dealer as the key wasn't recognised! 400 pounds later including a new remote fob which dos@nt unlock doors etc. but was required to get into system was supplied with the vehicle running again. i went to pick it up and guess what? it perfomed upto 2000rpm then performance tailed off! exactly as it was when it was booked in. After much hassle and the garage adopting i'll try putting this on an see approach, i have attained the information ref. the vehicle from the main dealer. Apparently after fixing the vehicle they didn't test drive it! The codes that came up are 1660, 1690,1605, 1725, 1201, and 1685 the only one that i can find a meaning to. If anbody has any ideas it will save my relationship and a vast portion of my hair! with the bill running at 1400 and rising i think a lighter is in order! Keep up the good work in this forum. Many thank for your patience on this lengthy posting.
gopher383

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Search the codes on the forums I hav a similar problem and i found it here.

http://jeephorizons.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2719
gibsonlane1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:17 am    Post subject: Tdi sport probs Reply with quote

Thanks for that, can only find one code thats relevant. What were/are the symptoms you encountered and what was the cure? many thanks
beaglebus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: 2.5td sport problem Reply with quote

Hi there I have same model and have had same problem intermittantly..
I've not solved it conclusively but what works for me is to add a bottle of Diesel fuel conditioner or injector cleaner to the tank and within a start or two it runs fine and revs through the full range . I have no explanation for this but I usualy only run 2 or maybe 3 tanks without addative and it will do it again... Another possible cause (not yet proven) is that there is a wire connected to the front injector . Its the injector pump Needle valve sensor. and I've read that if this connection gets wet or damaged it could cause a similar problem. P.S. These little engines are great when theyre running right...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: