Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

guages dead

View previous topic :: View next topic  
el_dubya

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: guages dead Reply with quote

I know this has been posted before but I couldn't find it. My 98 TJ has the problem where the guages go to null and the airbag light comes on. I do remember that someone suggested un-attaching one of the clips that holds the harness in place behind the guages. I did that a year ago or so and it worked good for a few months, then it started again. So I got back in there and jiggled wires around and again worked good for a while. Its back again, so I'm looking for a more permanent fix. I know there is a service buletin out about it, something about shrink tubing? Anybody know the details? I don't think it really hurts anything, just really annoying to have to smack the dash every so often. Thanks.

'98 TJ SE
15x7 ProComp Series 51 Rock Crawler Wheels
31x10.50 General Grabber AT2's
Taurus Fan
Uniden PC68 Elite CB
ehirner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never seen or heard of a permanent fix. I always suggest removing the instrument cluster and just slightly bending the pin to they maintain a better connection with the cluster. Then reassemble.
kizer
The Link Meister
The Link Meister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check your ground connections too.
atsevis

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

forget it this was happening to me forever get it fixed as soon as possible bc when the guages get knocked out your odometer doesnt add any mileage... wait that could be a good thing Wink
i drove for a month without any guages at all i had to guess when to fill up my tank by how far i had driven and whether i was gettin on it at all... not fun
atsevis

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ps dont take it to the dealer to get the cluster replaced go to your local mechanic who will get you one from a junkyard or go pick it yourself and try to match the mileage the best you can or just get it reprogrammed
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Electronic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: