Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Photobucket

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject: Photobucket Reply with quote

Anybody know what happened to it? It appears to have vanished. ???
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just logged on there with no problems?
bubbaedc

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just put some more pics up on it no issues...
39.5x16.50R16 pitbull rocker extremes
Homemade Bumpers and rock sliders
check us out at www.tucsonoffroad.net
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
badger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its been gone for me for sometime now.They had problems with their DNS or something .When I go there it almost appears as if they lost their Domain name or something.

I have also heard that they were hacked .I would not be surprised if it was and they allowing users to log and still use it to gain privileged information from them or to embed trojans on the users machines.

EDIT:

This is what I get when I look up the addy

Quote:
IMPORTANT! Photobucket.com problem read here:
Last night Photobucket.com DNS at register.com was hacked by malicious people that are trying to compromise our business!
We are in no way affiliated with such bad deeds and cooperate with photobucket in capturing these individuals.
They have pointed the domain photobucket.com to an account hosted on our systems!
We have blocked that and photobucked techs have restored the domain pointing to its original location!
ALL account information and pictures on photobucket.com are OK, please have patience!
Unfortunately the complete DNS replication usually takes 24-48 hours and during this time caches DNS records might still point to us!
The normal operation of Photobucket is restored and as soon as the replication is complete there should be no further such issues!
We would like to emphasize that we are in now way responsible for what happens with photobucket and all users bumping across our systems!
We are a legitimate web hosting company operating since 2003 and in no way tolerate such hacking attempts!
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at abuse@zettahost.com!
Thanks for your patience and understanding!

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

badger wrote:
Its been gone for me for sometime now.They had problems with their DNS or something .When I go there it almost appears as if they lost their Domain name or something.

I have also heard that they were hacked .I would not be surprised if it was and they allowing users to log and still use it to gain privileged information from them or to embed trojans on the users machines.

EDIT:

This is what I get when I look up the addy

Quote:
IMPORTANT! Photobucket.com problem read here:
Last night Photobucket.com DNS at register.com was hacked by malicious people that are trying to compromise our business!
We are in no way affiliated with such bad deeds and cooperate with photobucket in capturing these individuals.
They have pointed the domain photobucket.com to an account hosted on our systems!
We have blocked that and photobucked techs have restored the domain pointing to its original location!
ALL account information and pictures on photobucket.com are OK, please have patience!
Unfortunately the complete DNS replication usually takes 24-48 hours and during this time caches DNS records might still point to us!
The normal operation of Photobucket is restored and as soon as the replication is complete there should be no further such issues!
We would like to emphasize that we are in now way responsible for what happens with photobucket and all users bumping across our systems!
We are a legitimate web hosting company operating since 2003 and in no way tolerate such hacking attempts!
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at abuse@zettahost.com!
Thanks for your patience and understanding!

Is that from today?
badger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that is from today.I have been missing photobucket pictures in posts for the last couple of days.Every time I went to their main page it would redirect me to a page that gave the appearance that they had lost their Domain name which could happen when a places loses their DNS.But as mentioned above their DNS was hacked .So when you were logging in to what you thought was your account you could have been getting redirected to another place without knowing it.I would start doing some virus scans if I were you.

If I type in photobuckets main page addy it redirects me to

http://www.atspace.com/dedicated-web-server-hosting-domain-articles-news/web_hosting.html

and that is were that message is posted

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good info Badger. ANd Orange and Bubba, your sig pics are broken. That's why I asked, but Badger's info explains it. Wink
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sig pic is and has been fine on this end. I've been able to see Bubba's as well.

I always scan my pc for multiple issues. Thanks for the info Badger. Now I'm nervous to log on the site. I get the normal login screen when I go there, but haven't logged in since you posted that page yesterday.

Photobucket

badger

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might still have the pictures cached in your system and thats why you see the sig pictures still.

I can't for the life of me see how almost all the users of Photobucket can see pictures in posts and still go to their galleries while everyday people that don't use don't see anything.

Try clearing your browsers cached memory and see if you can still log in or see the pictures.

Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try it and post up the results later.
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.thatdanny.com/2008/06/18/photobucket-hacked-and-how-not-to-handle-your-customers-when-you-get-hacked/
Drake69

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good read, and a lot of truth to it as well, but it's typical corporate ostrich BS. Let's hide everything in the sand, fix it, and hope no one notices.

Would also be nice to know our accounts weren't compromised. Neutral

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General BS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: