Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

 Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aeroforcetech scan gauge review

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Projects & Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
johncal
Member


Joined: 02 Jul 2007

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Aeroforcetech scan gauge review Reply with quote

This is my review of the Aeroforce technology interceptor scan gauge.

I was intrigued after looking around the internet for a scan tool solution for my 2005 Wrangler. After searching around for a while, I came upon this web site REMOVED. On this site they offer custom 2 1/16” round custom gauges that I have found to be simply amazing.

This gauge simply plugs directly into the OBD2 port under the dash of the jeep and can read back in real time over 25 different parameters of your engine that are scanned through the OBD2 port. This means you can have instant access to all available functions such as Ambient air temperature, real time horsepower figures, instant gas mileage numbers on the fly along with other things such as battery voltage, map, maf sensor readings and the list goes on and on……. I would suggest you check out the web site to see just how cool this gauge is.

Another great tool is that is actually IS a SCAN TOOL as well. I found it much easier to read than trying to get the info off of the odometer, plus you can re-set the service engine light without having to disconnect the battery.

I’m telling you I love this thing. It is VERY cool to have instant access to any information that the vehicles computer has and all for an affordable price. The gauge can be set up to display any 2 different parameters at a time, or can be set up to scroll through a total of 8 different parameters at programmable intervals. Also, it has a really neat ANNUNCIATOR feature which means you can make 2 high intensity LED’s on the gauge light if you go over or under a certain value that you set up for any of the available parameters. For example, I set up the RPM parameter and then set it up to turn on the LED’s any time I went past 4500 RPM. You could also set it up to light the LED’s if you went over let’s say 250 degrees in engine temperature, or under so many volts (but you are limited to only setting up one parameter per gauge)……..hmmm “per gauge”.

You can also (if your budget permits) add additional gauges to display more information at once and set up the annunciation on each gauge for different functions. If you want to get one for yourself contact Todd at: REMOVED or look on the web site above.

Johncal
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker


Joined: 01 Jan 2004
Location: Uzbekistan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And your connection to the company is?
_________________
Nothing to see here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johncal
Member


Joined: 02 Jul 2007

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I helped Todd develop this for Jeeps since there were none available for Jeeps before this. Unlike you i did a little more than critisize, I tried to help other Jeeprs with something I thought was a good useful tool.

Johncal
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?


Joined: 20 Feb 2006
Location: East Springfield, Massachusetts - U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code3TJ wrote:
And your connection to the company is?


Where's the criticism? Neutral
_________________
Underground Jeeps
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator


Joined: 01 Jan 2004
Location: New Orleans LA.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he is insinuating that your insinuation is insulting????

Or ....

Wait......




IM confused...





rofl
_________________
BONE STOCK
Unless you include the sawzall work..

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin


Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Location: I knew it...I'm surrounded by Assholes!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johncal wrote:
Unlike you i did a little more than critisize, I tried to help other Jeeprs with something I thought was a good useful tool.

Johncal


I don't see where you criticized at all. An honest review would have at least one constructive criticism of how to make the product better. Before you say your criticism is that you can only setup one parameter per gauge...you really only said that to set up the pitch for multiple gauges.

In addition, an honest review would have contained some installation tips. How and where did you mount it? Yes, it just plugs into the OBDII port, but how difficult was the install of the gauge itself? Where are the pictures of your install?

Sorry, but I know advertising when I see it and what I read above is a salesman using someone elses bandwidth for their sales pitch...
_________________

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker


Joined: 01 Jan 2004
Location: Uzbekistan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johncal wrote:
Unlike you i did a little more than critisize, I tried to help other Jeeprs with something I thought was a good useful tool.

Oh brother, yes, I criticized you. Excuse the hell out of me for being a bit irritated that I'm paying for the bandwidth for you to move products that you'll be making money off of. Wait, that's right, I'm not paying for this website to help other jeepers with. no

So, before you get your panties in a bunch, how much money are you making off this venture?
_________________
Nothing to see here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hutchman
Captain Kirk
Captain Kirk


Joined: 07 Feb 2007
Location: Kennewick, WA

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

popcorn somehow, the popcorn seems appropriate!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johncal
Member


Joined: 02 Jul 2007

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI I don't make one cent off of this. Like I said, I thought it was a great product and it would be nice if it could be adapted for Jeep use. I really hope the sales guy for the company doesn't read this thread because it's embarassing. I was trying to help both him and fellow Jeepers.

Is this normally the way you talk to people that are trying to help? WOW!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker


Joined: 01 Jan 2004
Location: Uzbekistan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I find suspicious is that your very first post here sounds very much like a sales pitch. Then you mention that you helped design it. Is this a review or an advertisement? It still smacks of a sales pitch to me. That's fine and dandy that you're not making a cent off of it, but that's not how commerce typically is conducted. Sorry if you took offense to my question, but I stand by my earlier statement.

johncal wrote:
I was intrigued after looking around the internet for a scan tool solution for my 2005 Wrangler. After searching around for a while, I came upon this web site REMOVED. On this site they offer custom 2 1/16” round custom gauges that I have found to be simply amazing.


johncal wrote:
I helped Todd develop this for Jeeps since there were none available for Jeeps before this.


So which is it? Did you find this solution for your Jeep before you designed it or after? Just a bit disingenuous, wouldn't you say?
_________________
Nothing to see here.


Last edited by Code3TJ on Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin


Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Location: I knew it...I'm surrounded by Assholes!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johncal wrote:
I really hope the sales guy for the company doesn't read this thread because it's embarassing.


Embarrassing for who? No one has said anything negative about the product. What's being questioned here is that your first posts on this board seem a lot like a sales pitch. The forum rules specifically state "No commercial sales without prior permission". If a vendor wants to sell their product(s), they should contact Code3TJ via PM and arrange to have the product(s) added to the Vendor Showcase forum.

Your assertion is that this is not a sales pitch. However, there is no evidence in this thread that you have installed this product in a Jeep. As Moderators and Admins of this forum, it is our job to ensure (among other things) that unsolicited advertising is kept to a minimum. This section is for write-ups on installs/projects that you have performed. If this is a sales/advertising pitch, which is what it appears to be, it does not belong here. In an attempt to clarify that, I asked some valid questions above regarding the install you claim to have done and they were ostensibly ignored. I will therefore ask them again:
    How and where did you mount the gauge(s) in your Jeep?
    How difficult was the install of the gauge(s)?
    Can we see some pictures of your install?

_________________

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
johncal
Member


Joined: 02 Jul 2007

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I'm shocked that you are moderators and treat new board members this way. You're right, this is my first post and I'm shocked this would be trhe reception I would get as a new member. Why exactly do I need to provide "evidence" of my installation.

When I wave to a Jeeper, I assume he's a real Jeeper and not just a poser driving a Jeep. I might be wrong, But at least I don't throw them on the hood looking for "Evidence".

I signed onto this board in friendship, but it would seem you guys will keep defending your baseless mistrust. guess what I'm saying here is that I sign on to the board and my honesty is called into question. That's just plain wrong.

Why don't you guys just try looking on the site and check it out. I need to "prove" absolutely nothing to anyone here. This is also the last thing I am saying regarding this post. I won't get drawn into anything further defending my honesty.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker


Joined: 01 Jan 2004
Location: Uzbekistan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're shocked that this is how you're treated? Grow up. You've been asked several times if this is a sales pitch or a real review. Since you've ignored that question, I think that makes it pretty clear what this is. You've been asked several very legitimate questions about the installation and instead of answering them, you start crying that you're being asked. I'll make it very easy for you to understand:

This appears to be a sales pitch and I do not believe that you've really installed this product in your jeep.

Any questions?

I've done you a favor and removed the links since as I've mentioned, I don't pay for others' advertising.
_________________
Nothing to see here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin


Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Location: I knew it...I'm surrounded by Assholes!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johncal wrote:
Wow, I'm shocked that you are moderators and treat new board members this way. You're right, this is my first post and I'm shocked this would be trhe reception I would get as a new member. Why exactly do I need to provide "evidence" of my installation.


Because the post looks like advertising and the admins of this board have asked you to. In most cases a thread like this would have been deleted immediately as it violates forum rules. "No commercial sales without prior permission". In addition, when someone comes into the forum and the first thing they post appears to be a sales pitch, they are banned from the site as well.

It was observed however, that you have contributed to a number of technical threads prior to this post. You were therefore given the benefit of the doubt and were asked to provide further information regarding your install...which you have simply refused to do. Let's forget about the fact that the admins are suspicious of this post and that I am one of those admins...you say you want to help fellow Jeepers. I am one. I own 2 Jeeps, one of which is a TJ. While I am not interested in this particular product (I already own a Scan Tool), others might benefit from more information about how this product was installed in/on a Jeep. So why not help out some Jeepers by answering the following questions about your install? It's not an unreasonable request...

How and where did you mount the gauge(s) in your Jeep?
Finding places to mount things is tough, especially in TJ's. More information would be helpful...especailly considering that a lot of us also have CB's and GPS's already installed.

How difficult was the install of the gauge(s)?
Are the gauges/pods made to go TJ? Or is fabrication required to make them fit? Are they self adhesive or did it require drilling? How difficult was it to route the cable from the mounting location to the port?

Can we see some pictures of your install?
Pictures are always worth 1000 words.
_________________

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
johncal
Member


Joined: 02 Jul 2007

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When put that way, I have no problem responding.

Sice, I'm not using it for "on the fly" readings, I put mine in the bottom on the center console where the cigarette ashtray might go.

As I said, just plug it into the OBD2 port. That's it

[/img]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Projects & Reviews All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Visit links4jeeps.com for write-ups, forums and clubs




Jeep®, Wrangler, Cherokee, Liberty and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler LLC.
jeephorizons.com is not in any way associated with or endorsed by the Chrysler LLC.
All other content is copyright Jeep Horizons 2004-2008.
Tech write-ups Links Discussion board Land use News Site Map Terms of Use

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group