Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

95' yj with 2.5L upgrading to a 4.0

View previous topic :: View next topic  
holymoly129

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: 95' yj with 2.5L upgrading to a 4.0 Reply with quote

so ok ive had my95' YJ since november of last year (payed to much... but thats besides the point). The power that is put out by the little 2.5 isnt enough for what i want to do the rpm drops off when climbing hills and just not at all the speed i need... so heres the problem ive been talking to the guys at work and there all saying somthing different about it. i want to put in a 4.0 but im not sure what all i need i.e. will the transfer case and tranmission be compatible with the new engine? and if then bolt up fine will it rip them apart... so if anyone has some knowlegde for a new jeep crazy person drop me a line

thanks millions
josh
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://jeephorizons.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=13033
http://www.jeepaholics.com/tech/25to40/25to40.htm

Your best best it to find a complete donor vehicle. Use the transmission that's mated to the 4.0. You can reuse your transfer case if you swap the input gear on your transfer case.

A cheaper and easier way is to regear your axles.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> YJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: