Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

01 Cherokee Check engine light again! Need help please!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BULL12

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: 01 Cherokee Check engine light again! Need help please! Reply with quote

The check engine light has been on and off for about a year now. I have taken it to autozone and had the codes read and it keeps coming up with cyliner #3 misfire. There is not a distributor on this engine and no spark plug wires. I have changed #3 spark plug and still have the same problem. It has come up with a code about evaporative something or other and I put a new gas cap on. I called a local shop here in Chattanooga to c if they would just diagnose it for me and they told me "No i cant make any money like that". I know the parts are expensive for what is wrong with the jeep. But I dont want to start just changing parts as I can not return any of them if its not the problem. Please someone help me out. Its actually my wifes jeep and I would love to fix it for her. Thanks to you all.
Jeepfanatic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: 01 Cherokee Reply with quote

Hi
does the vehicle demonstrate any drivability problems such as missng or misfiring, ruff idle etc.
Edge Bored Throttle Body
helix Throttle Body Spacer
MSD Coil 8MM Wires
My Old 94 Chirped 3 gear on a hot summer day
One fast Jeep
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You most likely have more than one code for that cylinder. It could be a bad coil or a bad injector. So get the exact codes and then look them up here. http://www.jeephorizons.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2719

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BULL12

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: No misfire Reply with quote

The vehicle does not act like it is missing at all. Runs great and cant even tell there is a problem. Now on the other hand that light being on is driving my wife batty!! Crying or Very sad
whlstnd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im guessing its code PO303. if so its an 01 just erase the code and forget about it.
mike
BULL12

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: What is that code? Reply with quote

I have erased it so many times its getting crybaby javascript:emoticon('crybaby')
crybabyjavascript:emoticon('crazy jeep')
crazy jeep My wife will bug me till its fixed. What is that code for?
coconutwil

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: engine light again Reply with quote

Sounds like maybe you could have an intermitting spark plug wire. Run the engine in the dark and look for spark jumping from the spark plug wire to the block.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: