Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

J8/ Dream cruise/ go Jeep somewhere

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polar01

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: J8/ Dream cruise/ go Jeep somewhere Reply with quote

Well, the mighty "Woodward Dream Cruise" wrapped up here in Detroit this last weekend. All models of Jeep were represented, Big Time. It was awesome to be in a sea of classic cars, rat rods, supercars, hot rods, musclecars, etc, with a Jeep. One of the best parts is what Mopar Underground had on display....  I tried to get the best long look I could, but basically, it was the civillian J8. I'm guessing they were trying to get reactions and support to sell her to the general public. It looked a little bigger than the JK, though. The JK looks big to me in my TJ, but still, it looked bigger.
One of the other best parts was the fact that everyone out there is an enthusiast. Jeep waved at Jeep, didn't seem to matter if you had a XJ, JK, TJ, CJ, YJ, FSJ, Willys, whatever-j, mild, or Rockwells. That was great.
Jeeps stick out like a sore thumb in normal traffic, but at the cruise, you're like a genital wart on the wang of American culture. All the bad-ass high-gloss paint jobs and chrome, and there you are with all the dirt, canvas, plastic, exposed bolts, rust, and spot-welds you can muster.

And yet, people still look at you like "man, I should buy one of those, looks like fun!". Yep, Jeep. The best thing to come out of Toledo. Ever.
I can't count how many Mustangs, Cudas, Camaros, Shoebox Chevys, Lincolns, Chargers, Corvettes, GTOs, blahblahblah, I saw. But the Jeeps stood out.
So from here on out, i'm waving at ANY Jeep that the owner has obviously done something to deviate from stock. Except the Compass and Patriot.  neaner

Google Image search "2008 woodward dream cruise" and you might get a loose feeling of what it's like to be in the middle of it.
hutchman
Captain Kirk
Captain Kirk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see that cruise some time.......especially the Jeeps!
Polar01

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People come from all over the world to participate. Some buy cars here, most ship their own from wherever the hell they're from and back.

You see liscence plates from all 50 states, Canada, and Mexico.

It's the single best, most significant, automotive event on the planet.

The second -in case anyone wonders- is when I actually wash my Jeep, although I can't draw the overseas crowd. Yet.
kirkwood007

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't hate the patriot!!!! I'm looking into one for some great gas mileage and a lifetime warranty. WOOHOO for the lil gay jeeps!!!!!
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kirkwood007 wrote:
WOOHOO for the lil gay jeeps!!!!!

troll

Mr. Green
kaos

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But, but... Trolls won't fit in little jeeps, surely? Shocked
kirkwood007

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm a 270 lbs ogre and I fit nicely. And I save a crap ton of gas money too! Well I will if I ever buy one.
Polar01

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't do it man, there are waaaaaaaaay cooler rigs that can get you decent mileage without having to buy a gaytriot...

How about a Suzuki Samurai? At least they can be built, parts are cheap, and are good off-road- if the YouTube videos i've seen are any indication. Plus, they even sell Diesel swap kits for them that use a VW turbodiesel!! Those engines knock down almost 50mpg!! (ex-wife has an '07 Jetta TDI)

Or swap a diesel into your TJ, there are lots of companies that do it, and it's got to be cheaper than buying a new vehicle...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General BS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: