Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

my xj

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fuzzy59

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was PLANNING on taking my Dad's truck up there to pick the tires up. But I'm hearing that balancing beadlock iroks is going to be impossible and since I planto drive this on the road some. I heard about centramatics. More money but not sure if it's worth it or not. Whatcha think?
berk9

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ummm what???? do you not have street tires????? so why would you be concerned about balencing your beadlock iroks... beadlocks are illegal on the road anyways. and ive never once balanced my iroks and they do fine depending on temp and air pressure. its all about the luck of the draw on bias plys whether or not they are close to symmetrical from the factory
1fox2go

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im gonna have to go ahead and say chris you are dumb, you have street tires why bother trying to balance the trail tires?
bud its chris looking dumb
newbie hahahah you newb
fuzzy59

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excepttttttt, I'm leaving the iroks on at all times. Only time the streets go on is the trip to and from the trail. Booyah!
1fox2go

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok so your going to kill your tread life of the trail tires by driving them around all the time, got ya Wink

and you want to save your street tires by not driving them on the street Rolling Eyes

I GOT IT!! you are just retarded and ass backwards, way to go genius. You keep the street tires on and wheel them locally and put the Iroks on when you take the rig to the big trails like Big Dogs. You are going to want to tow it to big places anyway. Should got MTs instead of ATs for street tires

I wouldnt want to bother swapping tires everytime I went to the trail, not to mention having to haul a second set of tires to the trail
fuzzy59

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well first of all you know its not my dd so you watch your mouth. I am anticipating that I will enjoy my iroks over the radials so I will be keeping the iroks on all the time because that is why I got a jeep, to enjoy it. IF I had to take my jeep to work which would be the longest highway drive it would ever go on it would only be 15 miles to and from. The radials are strictly for the 1-4 hr commutes that I would have to make for crozet, big dogs, etc. We can't all be lucky enough to have multiple jeeps to enjoy like yours so I got to make the most of mine Finger What ever ended up with your dd situation btw?
berk9

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chirs with a dana turdy, crap 8.8, heavy ass ZJ w/5.9 you should NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER drive to big dogs unless you have every single spare piece for every single crap axle you have and you might even need x2 on some parts... oh and steering parts and tcase and driveshafts and lets just go with a spare motor... case in point dont drive to go wheeling at a place like crozet or bigdogs you will die.....

in other words we arent wheeling in GWNF anymore
and you broke there and at my house like every other trip

and how is that DD coming along foxx Finger
1fox2go

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well its making progress thats all i am at liberty to say at the momen
fuzzy59

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rofl Berk. Can you make it through the same trail you got stuck last time down here? It's about time you come back down and smoke it.
berk9

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is no way in hell im goin to drive my iroks 90 miles just to go through an easy as fuck trail... let alone all it is is mud and i dont do the dirty anymore. 78/9 ford D60 DD right?
fuzzy59

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hells yeah broski, did you find one? You want to make a baby if so Finger
1fox2go

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

update this whore
berk9

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no
fuzzy59

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think an update is in order Finger When are you coming back down to Richmond, Kathy misses you. And I won't be able to come up for the res tof November, my new job puts me "on call" for the month of November Rolling Eyes
berk9

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have nothing to update unless foxx drives to his dads and takes pics, so no
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Photo Album All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: