Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Humbug Wheelin' - Yreka, CA

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim Hallam

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: Humbug Wheelin' - Yreka, CA Reply with quote

Hey guys... Snapped a few shots of my friend doing a little wheeling.

This is the same Jeep as pictured in my other photo post; "having a little fun at the clay pits." It's a bigger better Jeep now that gets around pretty good. It's not done yet, but no ones Jeep is actually ever "done."

I'd appreciated your comments on the photography aspect as well as the Jeep. I'm new to offroad photography but it's something I want to improve at. I enjoy shooting it and I currently do landscape photography as a serious hobby.

Thanks for looking!

Tim

1986 Pioneer, 1990 Laredo, 1991 Sport, 1993 Sport & 1998 Sport.

Last edited by Tim Hallam on Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:25 pm; edited 3 times in total
Tim Hallam

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jeep is a USFS retired '99 XJ running 4.5" lift, 32X11.50R15's on 10X15 wheels.

TJ Apex

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD EYE! You had good light that day, I didn't notice any "fill light". Your photography skills are very good. The balance of your subject and its background is also very good, I like the pic third from the top. What do you shoot with?
I agree with the USFS comment. Your friend has a pretty flexy rig too.

02' Apex Edition,
2" BB, 31" BFG AT's
Tim Hallam

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shoot with a Canon 20D and for that shoot I used my Canon 28-105mm f/3.5 lens. I have a 17-35mm f/2.8 but the aperture ring seized in it and I'm in the process of saving the $300 to have it fixed.

Thanks for the comment, I'm glad you like the photos. No, no fill light was used. There have been times when I wish I had used one but most of the time when shooting vehicles with a strobe (fill light) you get tons of glare from all the reflective surfaces plus it gives the photo an undesired and unnatural look.

We took off both the anti-sway bars from that Jeep. Surprisingly it actually feels fine on the freeway and on a few occasions my friend has had up to 110+ mph. Down hill of course Smile Haha... It rides pretty secure on the road and it flexes great offroad for only having 4.5" of lift. It's a pretty sweet rig.

Tim

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Photo Album All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: