Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Low Engine Vacuume

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigjohn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Low Engine Vacuume Reply with quote

My 89 4.0 Cherokee has a low manifold vacuume of 11 inches @ idle. I have checked all my vac lines and found som leakers but it has not inproved the problem. My vacuume controls on the heat a/c are affected. I understand this is a common problem. Anyone know an easy fix?[/b]
TJ Apex

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the vacuum lines that run to and from the climate controls under your dash. They are simi flexable plastic tubes, these may get brittle over time. Also, there are check valves (or one way valves) that are in the lines to keep the vacuum system "primed". The glue that holds the assembly together may be faulty and cause leaks. there are several check valves under the dash that go to the climate controls.
The ones I have seen, resemble miniature plastic universal in line fuel filters, the outside diameter is about the size of a Nickel, the diaphragm thickness is approx. 1/4 inch, and are made of hard plastic with various colors.
The colors may be a code for cfm, or flow rates etc., but just I'm making an educated guess that colors may be more important than looking pretty.

Good luck...

02' Apex Edition,
2" BB, 31" BFG AT's
bigjohn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:36 am    Post subject: Engine vacuume Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip. I will check them with a vacuume pump / guage.
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I deleted the three extra posts. Wink
chpalmer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my 99 someone had set the battery on the line that goes to the vacuum canister behind the bumper and split it in two. Its a little hard to see at first...

It was not audible and kept the AC vents and Cruise from working correctly, besides idle and general run issues... (Probably one reason for the price I got her for...)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: