Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

rear door broken

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adamjk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: rear door broken Reply with quote

when i use the central locking all 4 of the regualr passenger doors work properly and i can even hear the motor in the rear door doing something, but for some reason there is no tension in the door lever.

What im tryin to say is how can i fix this as i cant seem to get the back panel off the door to look inside without opening the door to undo some screws that are hidden behind the body when the door is shut.

for the last couple of months i have been stumped with this dilemma and i cant for the life of me figure out how to pop the trunk open so i can take the back panel off to see whats actually wrong behind it Neutral

any ideas would be much appreciated
935speedxj

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well you may be stuck with breakin a piece if that rear panal out to get to the lockin mech...mine(93) u can just unscrew the rear panal.....but it is easy once u do get it off.....there is a spring u hold back an u can slide the plastic lock in place so it will unlock seems weird but u will see when you take a look at it .... i had this problem when i bought mine..... took like 20 mins start to finish to get it done an make sure to lub it up after you get it open or u will have this problem again Rolling Eyes
JeepinNH

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: lock Reply with quote

Yours is the newer style which is typical Chryco badness. I posted dome info to this thread: http://www.jeephorizons.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=9859&highlight=door+wire

Present: 99 Cherokee
Past: 86, 87 Cherokee; 94 Grand Cherokee
adamjk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the tips, gonna give it a try a bit later, wish me luck Wink

*edit Fixed and all working, thanks for the help guys
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: