Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Best Top HighRock 4X4 front bumper damages front fenders

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: New Best Top HighRock 4X4 front bumper damages front fenders Reply with quote

Just thought I'd share my experience with the new Best Top HighRock 4X4 Bumper. You can see them on the Internet. . They have the neat roll up pin option. You can also get the grill guard bar on it. I purchased mine with the grill guard only. Without the optional roll pin, the bumper looked funny with those giant steel spikes hanging down from the front of the bumper. I cut mine off and smoothed it out. Not a job for the faint of heart. If I had it to do over again I would left the side with the steering box a little longer as to help protect it. The bumper was somewhat difficult to install. Mine had a couple of tabs welded inside the bumper for the smaller early model jeeps. They were only welded on one side. I was thinking this was for easy removal. I cut the tabs out. Bumper barely fit. I used to own a mechanic business so I believe that my work is just about as good as anyone else’s. The fit on my jeep shows exactly as the web site photo. The bumper worked fine on the city streets but when I drove it down some simple dirt roads the flexing of the Jeep frame caused the bumper to shift from side to side impacting the bottom of the fenders. You can see rub marks on the very end of the fender tips and the now both have about a half inch sized dents in them. I will give the Best Top company the benefit of the doubt that maybe the bumper I purchased was not for the TJ Model. Although didn't see that it would fit anything else. I don't have a body lift kit on my Jeep at this time. I believe if I had had a one-inch body lift it would have been fine. You can bet I'm pissed that my brand new 2006 model Jeep Rubicon now has it first dents with less than 3000 miles on it. Just beware if you purchase this bumper for the your Jeep that you could very well have the same problem. Sincerely, AR
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: