Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ZG lift

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bishops Finger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: ZG lift Reply with quote

Have been thinking about a lift for my ZG (ZJ over there) OME 2" seems my best option but I've heard good things about RE stuff..least I can fit bigger tyres...eg 235 x 75 R15's any views?

ER I'm in England as well....................... Very Happy
S

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've started out with a set of Tera Flex 2" budget boosters and Edelbrock IAS shock riding on 30" BF Goodrich ko's. It rides really nice on and off road, so much so that when raise my rig up to 3.5" with the Rubicon Express superflex I've bought another set of Edelbrock 3.5 longer shocks.
From all that I've read up about spacer, budget boosters, pucks what ever they want to call it, you can't go wrong with it. If you are planning to get a set get one that has bump stops along with it. Tera flex, Rubicon Express to name a few that comes complete. For as little as $235.00US you can bring up your ZJ or ZG in Englandese.
You can fit 30" tires or even 31s with some triming. Does that come close to 235x75 r15's? Just make sure you have proper back spacing on your rims. 4 to 4.5 inches if you have 15x8's.
nixt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the ride of my OME suspension kit but I don't like how nonspecific they are in listing the specifications about how much lift is gained. I wish that I had gotten one of those bar-pin-eliminator conversions for the shocks though. The studs make that annoying thumping noise.
with 2" coil spacers for 3.5-3.75 total lift
235/85R16 Goodyear MTR's Measure a true 32"

Life has No Value,
But Death Has Its Price.
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RE is a very good lift.. But beware RE lifts will give you more lift than advertised. for instance if you buy a 3.5" lift you will probably get at least 4" of lift...

My 6.5" kit gave me almost 8" of lift but it has settled to 7.25 now..

Is there a limit to how much lift you can put on in England?? When I was there I didnt see to many lifted vehicles.. In fact the biggest tires I saw was a set of 33's on a D90..

What are the lift laws like there??

But anyway.. To the point .. You can fit 31" tires with a RE budget boost but you will have to trim your front bumper and adjust steering stops a little..

You can fit 32's if you dont mind trimming your fenders a little.. Mr. Green

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DankNesS

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="swamp boy"]RE is a very good lift.. But beware RE lifts will give you more lift than advertised. for instance if you buy a 3.5" lift you will probably get at least 4" of lift...

... trim your front bumper and adjust steering stops a little..

i have the RE 3.5 lift.. and i love it! i thought it looked a lil more then 3.5 Cool

the front bumper was removed by mother nature but the steering stops? what are these and what do i need to do to them? i never heard nothing about this from Kevinsoffroad.com's install guide to the lift.
which is where i got the lift.. Kevin is a great guy to business with, although im not sure about the rates to ship to europe..

why is it a ZG? i was gonna yell at you and tell you its a ZJ get it right.... so i was pretty surprised to hear that is what its called over the wata.. crazy.. i say go rubicon express.. you will be glad you did. they make lift for jeeps. thats it. so you know they know you know? cuz i do
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: