Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2001 cherokee wanting lift

View previous topic :: View next topic  
buckeyes_88

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: 2001 cherokee wanting lift Reply with quote

Hey im 17 years old and have a 2001 cherokee sport. i put a system in my car but now want to focus on a lift and new tires. i went to a a local shop where they speicalize in jeep modifications. i asked the guy there what the most i can do with 1500 dollars is and he told me i can get a budget boost with 30 in tires and black steel powdercoated rims and he would do the installation. i was just wondering if this is the most i can do with 1500 dollars. anyfeed back would be greatly appreciated
tomynoks

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$1500.00 will go a long way if you can do the work yourself.. with a friends help. You don't have to do it ALL at once either. I would get a 3.5" lift for starters. You can get the RE6030 kit from Rubicon Express for $720.00 maybe cheaper if you shop around...check Ebay. The budget lifts usually don't allow for future lifting.. if you get a FULL lift.. meaning new springs and leaf packs.. it's easier to go higher later on. I bought the lift kit and waited until I could get some 31's to install it. Your new Jeep will take ALL your money eventually anyway, so do it right the first time and at least you won't waste money on something that can't be upgraded later.
RE6030 3.5"
1" T-case drop
31x10.5x15 BFG AT KO's
flintlock

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got an 89 XJ i got a 4.5 lift from rustys plus shackles and spaces for the front which should bring it up to a 6 inch lift. all for about 800. Then you get an sye for 200 and a new drive shaft for 50, then if it works for you i'm getting some retreads. http://high-tec-retreading.com//DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=1&tabindex=0
If its a daily driver i don't know if i'd used them or not, but they are cheap and from what i've heard hold up pretty well.
atsevis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out rutysoffroad.com they have a great selection of lift packages. my best suggestion is to shop around stick with a 3.5" full kit w/ leaf packs. Add a leaf is much cheaper but a pain in the ass.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: