Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4wd sticks in part time.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruddlittle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: 4wd sticks in part time. Reply with quote

2006 Cherokee/Liberty CRD auto with Full and Part time 4wd. Drive select lever starts in 2wd, passes via Part time to Full time but seems to get stuck in Part time whenever I move the lever in either direction.

Every time I want to use Full time 4wd or go back to 2wd I have to drive forward and reverse a few times to release the system. Dealer says this is normal....is it? Anything I can do? all suggestions welcome!

Rudd
plazanas

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: 4wd sticks in part time. Reply with quote

ruddlittle wrote:
2006 Cherokee/Liberty CRD auto with Full and Part time 4wd. Drive select lever starts in 2wd, passes via Part time to Full time but seems to get stuck in Part time whenever I move the lever in either direction.

Every time I want to use Full time 4wd or go back to 2wd I have to drive forward and reverse a few times to release the system. Dealer says this is normal....is it? Anything I can do? all suggestions welcome!

Rudd

YES RUDD, IT IS NORMAL. THIS IS THE ONLY DISADVANTAGE OF A REALLY DEPENDAPLE SYSTEM LIKE THE ONE YOU HAVE. IT GETS EVEN WORSE WHEN YOU GET STUCK IN 2WD MODE (SILLY YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE) AND YOU PULL BACK THE LEVER TO THE 4WD PART-TIME POSITION, ONLY TO DISCOVER THAT YOU ARE STILL IN THE 2WD MODE AND STILL STUCK ! KEEP THIS IN MIND AND BE ALWAYS PREPARED WHEN IN TRICKY TERRAIN. AS AN ADVISE ABOUT HOW TO "HELP" THE SWITCH BETWEEN THE MODES, JUST DRIVE FORWARD AND PRESS-AND-RELEASE THE GAS PEDAL 2-3 TIMES. IF YOU KEEP YOUR HAND ON THE TRANSFER CASE LEVER, EVENTUALLY YOU WILL "FEEL" THE CHANGE AS A TINY CLICK.
HOPE THIS HELPS.

PANOS
(Greece)
crride

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also i like to put it in neutral before changing from 2wd to 4wd. full time i only use in the snow, so i just pull it up pulling out of my drive way, however, when im on the trail, i put it in neutral, put it in 4H when the goin gets tough, and it goes in fine, however, getting it back into 2wd, i have to back up a little bit.
skillettxxx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually, it's pretty common in some 4X4 units. I had a 72 Bronco you had to back for a 1/4 mile to get it out of part time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Liberty Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: