Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I have a few Quick and slightly embarassing questions....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
markherm13

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: I have a few Quick and slightly embarassing questions.... Reply with quote

first off,
1) where are all the fuse boxes located.

2) How do i remove the dash to install a head unit, i have removed all the screwes but i can't get that peice of plastic out of there.

3) does anyone know where to look up wiring harness diagrams for a 1996 jeep cherokee?

1996 jeep cheroke SE
2.3 five speed.
935speedxj

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1)~ the fuse box is under the dash next to an back from the hood release latch lever an the other box is under the hood near the battery...

2)~if you have removed all the screws ... now make sure you have them all out just tug on it a little bit and it should come loose....

3)~if you have a chiltons or haynes manual you can find one in there both that i have has them in there...

hope this was of some help
93 cherokee 9 inch lift 6.5inch leafs 1.5 inch shackles 8.5 inch coils an lca's ..,jks disco's,front an rear steel tube bumpers ,an roof rack that i welded up an a bunch of metal that i cut off.... not to mention my wanna be wrangler doors ....
soberidiot22

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#2- Can you get the dash piece even off. like the post before me said just tug on it but if you mean you cant get it totally off then i have the same problem

i can get it loose but cant get the plastic over the steering column to completly have the dash piece off. I had to do all my stereo work with that piece still halfway in place.
pipxj

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The plastic trim around the guages, stereo and heater is one piece. It has something like 6 screws in it. Unscrew it, and pull it out from the top. Do so slowly. It will come out.

I second the Haynes/Chilton manual.
TheBrat97

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On mine, all I had to do was pull out the big black plastic piece above the shifter to install my head unit. No need to pull the whole dash.
JeepinNH

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: dash Reply with quote

I think they changed to a removable middle piece in the center in 97. Much easier setup. The earlier ones were one big piece. I slight flex to the piece usually did the job for getting it off.

Present: 99 Cherokee
Past: 86, 87 Cherokee; 94 Grand Cherokee
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: