Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just installed my Currie Anti-Rock

View previous topic :: View next topic  
U.S.MarineLJ

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Just installed my Currie Anti-Rock Reply with quote

Installed my Currie Anti-Rock today. It was actually pretty easy. A couple of tips are:

- Use a 2x4 or 4x4 cut to the height of the plastic bushing while hammering it in. This minimizes fatigue during the timely endeaver as you only have to stabilize the wood vice holding it up.

- Duct tape the busing to the hole, this way you don't have to worry about the plastic bushing falling out of the frame hole.

- Invest in a 3 lb hammer, of course to bash the bushing and sway bar into place using the wood buffer of course.

- Use a dial protractor to measure the angles of the sway bar rods.

- Have a hacksaw ready to cut the connecting rods down to size.

- Grease the interior of the frame tube prior to inserting the plastic bushings.

The install was rather easy, however according to the measurements the directions told me to take I should have a connecting rod length of around 6 1/2" or so. The shortest I could cut the rods down was about 8 1/2" from center to center. This was without the jamnuts. WTF doesn't Currie thread the rods down a bit more? I only have a 3 1/4" lift with 1? BL.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: