Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ez-locker in frt.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
charlie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:07 am    Post subject: ez-locker in frt. Reply with quote

have 96 with select-trac & 410 gears(LSD)in rear, can i put an ez-locker in frt. d30? or would that cause problems on street. air lockers are a little too pricey.
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will only lock up with power to the shaft.. If you have 249 it will ruin your VC as it will cause feed back thru the shaft in turns..

But 249 is poopey anyway.. :rofl:

I personally ran with a lockright in my front for two or so years and the VC didnt give me much of a problem at all.. If you dont throttle into a corner you wont have much of a problem..

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
charlie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok how about a true-trac in front? i have select-trac so i think the tc is a 242.
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could use either one.
charlie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, how about an eaton gearless locker? i only use 2wd on the street unless im stuck, would it be noticable at all in 2wd?
DankNesS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is a good or OK locker for the front? i plan in throwing a 242 inplace of my poopey 249 very soon... i really want to be locked cuz i know that makes the hole world of difference off road.
SO what locker is good enough for in the front? i want really the cheapest offroad gain possible.. im also lookn to get stock gears..i think 373.. not sure tho... the reason i just want the cheapest lock possible is because i will be buying way a way better locker after i get an 8.8 and decide what gears i want to run on that SOB...
so cheap and ok.. nothin that will be used too long but somethin better then limited slip... anyone???
1fox2go

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lock Rite
Horus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just put an Aussie locker in my D44a rear and they warn against a locker in the front without locking hubs. So what happens when your going through a corner and that sucker suddenly becomes a spool ?

Confused
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a limited slip style locker (lockright , True track, whathave you) it will never spool the front.. Unless something breaks.. In which case .... No worries.. Its already broke.. rofl

I have my trak lock front break on me once and it locked my front end.. I pulled like a sumbitch out of the hole I was in.. And had a hell of a time steering the rest of the day.. But overall no problem... I carried the stock spiders so I put them in before my trip home and I was fine..

It is very rare that they break and lock up.. Normally they break open and leave you running same as stock..

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DankNesS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey swampy.. did you have a trac lock in both front and rear? im lookn to get locked front and rear fairly cheap as my rear axle will soon go bu bye for an 8.8 and the front hopefully after i read your write up will one day be a 44... so i dont want to go all out.. $500 tops for both.. ha ha they will probably poop out on me on the first trail...
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you get that 8.8 look for one that says... 3L73 or find an Eddie bauer and look for the 4L11 (you will need 4:11 fronts.. (available in some 4 cyl XJ)

The L is for Limited slip.. Its a pretty good locker and you can get a kit from Ebay or someplace that replaces the clutch plates and makes it stronger.. (They are sold for mustangs but they will work in the explorer 8.8 as well)

I am running that setup right now and enjoying very good traction it has very strong lockup...

I can spin both rears on dry pavement whenever I want.. (Keep in mind I am running 35's to..)
Mr. Green

DankNesS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im a lil confused... in the 8.8 eddie bouer i will get 411 limited slip or locker? that definately sounds the way to go.. i cant wait to light em up!! i always was jealous of my friend when he would sink his rear end in his chevy truck until the lifted tail gate was real low to the ground then just crawl out when it was time to go
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not all Eddie Bauers are l/s you have to search.. They are all 4:11 though..

DankNesS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry im so slow dude.. not all are limited slip.. l/s so what are they if not? open? also are any stock eddie's LOCKED? or is the limied slip also a locker like the stock rubicon? that would be the ticket if so.. if not fa kit i will gy a better locker any way so the gears wouldnt matter unless i was gonna cruise it a while.. id need 4.11's in the front.. so if i were to lock the front then id definately want to be locked in the rear.. but i guess i now see if i had the 8.8 i could do it in steps.. get the 8.8 and a locker for the front mount it up and save for the rear and get a real good one in the rear

what are the years explorer? 94-97? bauers are better?or just for 411s?
wat is a going rate for these?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: