Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

tire sizes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rssnrocket9

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: tire sizes Reply with quote

not sure if this has been discussed before, but i couldn't find a way to search previous threads...im pretty sure that you can put 30's on a stock gc, was wondering if anyone could give me the tire code for the biggest tires i could squeeze on mine without any rubbing. sorry if this is a stupid question im too retarded and cant do the inches to tire code conversion.
rssnrocket9

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

by the way its a 95 gc laredo v8
ehirner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: tire sizes Reply with quote

rssnrocket9 wrote:
not sure if this has been discussed before, but i couldn't find a way to search previous threads...

No idea on the tires sizes as I don't have a Grand Cherokee. However, up top just below the "iz" in Horizons is the link to the search function.
http://jeephorizons.com/phpbb/search.php
nixt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need to search. The sticky thread by Swampy at the top of the forum has the frequently asked questions for the GC- http://jeephorizons.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=989 . But you're asking for the tire code- what do you mean by that? The conversion for metric tire sizes? Or possibly for the (actual) outside diameter for 30x9.5's? You also didn't mention what size wheels that you have and whether or not they are the stock wheels (for backspacing, etc...). For metric sizes there are links to conversion calculators in the tech section or go to www.nagca.com . However, the best way to get actual- and accurate measurements for a particular size, brand, model, and type of tire you should go to the manufacturer's website. They generally have tables with the size measurement listed on the tire as well as the actual outside diameter since it is generally no the same as the listed measurement. The actual measurement varies widely from manufacturer to manufacturer.
with 2" coil spacers for 3.5-3.75 total lift
235/85R16 Goodyear MTR's Measure a true 32"

Life has No Value,
But Death Has Its Price.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: