Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dana 35 Diff Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alvinl

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Dana 35 Diff Question Reply with quote

Hey guys. I have owned my 98 Jeep TJ for about 2 weeks now. Since I have none of the original documentation on the Jeep, I have been trying to figure out just exactly what drivetrain parts are installed. I know I have the Dana 30 front diff and the Dana 35 rear diff. My diff gearing is 3.73, but when I was looking at the diff I got to wondering if it had the limited slip option. Does anyone know from the tag on the diff whether or not the limited slip is installed? The reason I ask is I noticed an LS on the tag and I read that you have to use an additive when changing the diff oil if it has the limited slip option. Here is a picture of the metal plate. I appreciate any help. Thanks in advance. Alvin.

ehirner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. It is open.

If it had a limited slip, it was would "3L73" and not "3 73".
alvinl

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ehirner wrote:
No. It is open.

If it had a limited slip, it was would "3L73" and not "3 73".

THANK YOU! And I do mean to yell. I have been searching for a couple days with no luck and did not really know what to look for. I wanted to make sure before I change the diff oil and screw something up.

Thanks again. Alvin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Drivetrain All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: