Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

need help! with 93 jgc

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chevman-67

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: need help! with 93 jgc Reply with quote

happy new years everyone!
heres my problem I was driving and my 93 jgc 4.0 died! I have lost all power going to my fuel pump.Every now and then it will kick in but die right away.its a new pump .I have dissconected the pump and I have no power at the plug the relay seems to be kicking in and working .Im wondering if the inertia switch for the pump might be to blame.WHERE is it and can the computor also be the problem.the engine will crank but no fuel at all.it wont even kick in when i cycle the key on and off.what color of wire is it that should have power at the pump connector.ANY help is better than none as the wife has no vehicle to get to school or work.THANX.
1993 jeep grand cherokee
cajzmere

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, check the swampy bypass for more info on fuel pumps. I have seen DOA straight outta the box pumps. Try hooking 12 volts to it direct and if it comes on, check fuel pump relay with known good one. Computer won't be the problem.Don't know color, but you can see pigtail coming out of top of tank under the truck. If you use "Search" function at the top of this page you'll get all KINDS of info! Good luck !!
chevman-67

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well shes going again . I spent alot of time on this 1 and started at the relay under the hood and began testing the electrical at the relay box and found the live feed wire Which is orange and blue and had a 2nd person for help turing the key on and off as the relay will only energize for about 5 seconds,and started to prob for power there are 2 orange and blue wires that go into the main harness out of the fuse box under the hood and both had power then went inside under the drivers side dash and had power there as well but the wire changes color there and is now orange with black then went under the drivers rear seat and tested the orange and black and power there as well youll also find the inertia switch there as well if you didnt know!Then went under the jeep to find no power at the plug and began testing the wire from the floor pan down and found the wire had corroded off (green death).about 2 inches from the plug cut ,soldered,shrink tubed,taped replaced loom cover, tapped again.works great now if this is a help to anyone other than me GREAT its not that hard but it sure is frusterating. Very Happy someone please post this in the right place so it may help somone else.
1993 jeep grand cherokee
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: