Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

absolute newbie has lift and rim size questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ottknot

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:27 am    Post subject: absolute newbie has lift and rim size questions Reply with quote

Ok, ive been through all of the topics and ive found bits and pieces here and there. All of the info i need is probably there i just dont have the expertise to put it all together. i have a completly stock 1997 TJ. I i bought it as my main vehicle, to and from work mostly. Ive had it 2 years and although i only bought it because i needed something right away, I have now (of course) fallen in love with it. Best vehicle ive ever owned. Some very light off road on the weekends, dont want to break it until i have something else to drive back and forth. I do want to make it just a bit chunkier though. It just looks to Boxy with the stock rims and tires. I'm looking to put fatter tires on my baby. Not huge godzilla roll over other cars tires, just meatier. I like the look of the wranglers ive seen with a bit of a lift and fat tires. I know, I know. I promise no Chrome. So for a newbie, with very little technical experience can someone point me down the path. I know eventualy I might want to go all the way and join the local 4X4 club, but for now i'm just looking for a better looking Jeep. Can anyone advise on a lift, Rims and what bloody size tires. Idiots guide if its possible. I promise no chrome and i will never ever take it to the mall. Thanks in advance.
JLS

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2"Budget boost
Cragar soft 8 rims, 15x8
32x11.5x15 tires
V7Sport73

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Help for lowrider Jeeps Reply with quote

I have 2 Jeeps one has the Rock Krawler 5.5 inch X-factor bent long arm and the other a 2" budget lift.

1. I strongly suggest going with a skyjacker 2-inch budget lift. It uses just a set of shocks and 2-inch spaces over the springs.
2. Pro-comp has a pretty good affordable 31-inch tire.
3. If you can, install a 1-inch body lift. I think any more than 1 inch looks a bit strange and requires more serious modifications to install.

With a total of 3-inchs lift you can get by with 32-inch tires. At that point you have a really nice Jeep that handles like stock with little or no maintenance issues. It has been my experience that the bigger the tire is, the better off-road capability will be. It's mostly about tire clearance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: