Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

fricken vacuum lines

View previous topic :: View next topic  
89JeepXJ

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: fricken vacuum lines Reply with quote

Hey i am new to this site, and i just bought my first jeep, well my first two, one is a parts jeep, but anyways i have a 89' cherokee and its missing just about every single vacuum line, or whatever all those hoses are under the hood...and my parts jeep is missing them all too Crying or Very sad so, i was wondering if anybody can tell me where i can buy the whole mess of them, thanks!
JeepinNH

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: vac lines Reply with quote

Ouch, that may be tough. You could try a dealership but it will cost and may not help on where to plug things in. I would see if you can get it all off a vehicle in a junkyard and mark everything as you remove it. There are alot of hoses to deal with. A factory service manual may tell you where they go also, but then you still need the hoses, T's and connectors.

Present: 99 Cherokee
Past: 86, 87 Cherokee; 94 Grand Cherokee
IBTJn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth you might be wise to simply choke down the inflated price of the stealership for the complete vacuum line kit they have available (or used to have anyway). I got one for my old '88 MJ and man was I glad I did. It made the replacement a simple 1 hour job (if that)...and very little thinking was involved (which is a good thing for people like me! Very Happy ).

I don't know about you, but for me the added cost was worth it. In fact, I did the same thing for the wife's '95 XJ just a couple years ago. Wink
89JeepXJ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, i appreciate the help
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: