Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

does anyone know of a 300 watt amp to hide?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikeymagic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: does anyone know of a 300 watt amp to hide? Reply with quote

hi, im new to this forum, im looking for some help. i bought the 8" xj pod for the 1999 jeep cherokee sport 4speed automatic. i bought a 300 watt rockford fosgate amp and speaker. i cant find anywhere to hide the amp(i was hoping to under the passangers seat but it dosent fit) does anyone know of any amps that fit under the passangers seat? and if not there under the back seat but the back seat must sit latched i dont want to worry about anything with people back there. thank you for reading this and i will appreciate all responces.
majikxms

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The factory amps sit under the back seat. There is a cut out in the rug so they mount directly to the metal floor. You might want to think about mounting it in that fashion if you've not already considered it. It will give you maybe a 1/2". Maybe that will give you enough room. As far as what amp to use, sorry I can't help on that one.
buckeyes_88

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in my car i went with a 12" kicker L5 with a pretty large box the amp is 485 watts and is mounted on the back of the back seat so you can still fold it down and people can also sit in the back at first i was worried about my stuff getting stolen but then i got my windows tinted in the rear so it was harder to see and it sounds great...good luck
mikeymagic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the feedback, i was trying to steer away from mounting it on the back seat my origional plan was under the passanger seat, but i could do it under the back row. i think im going to get a smaller amp(300w pioneer, 7 1/2X12X2) and im just going to see where it fits. lol. if it dosent tuck away anywhere i will have to be forced to put it on the back of the back row
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Electronic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: