Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

THE ELECTRIC FAN CONVERSION questions please help asap

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK.. you have the right relay ...

Here is the wiring diagram....

Write this down...Mr. Green

30 goes to the battery ..

85 is the leg from your switch..

86 goes to ground.

87 goes to the low side of the fan...

Then for the ford starter relay..

The power comes in from the battery on one big lug Marked with a (+) usually...

Out on the other big lug to the fan..

The lug with the S is the switch leg and the one with the G or Ground symbol... ......... Well that would be ground...

That should get you what you need... But if not ... Ask away...
(I dont know why that top wire runs out of both sides.. Thats an old picture.. I will pop the hood tommorow and take a look ... Ill let you know whats up..)

Good luck...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DankNesS

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right on thanks! i figured out the lil 30 amp after some trial and error.. ha ha i got it to only click the first time i wired it.. the little diagram on the side is a lil misleading but after i figured out wich plug was actually 30 i was in buisness!! ha ha.. the other one is a lil more straight forward.. id like to know why you have two wires coming out of your S witch post too... i am a lil confused as to how to GROUND the ford relay.... there is another post opposite the S post.. and i assumed this was the Ground but it has an "I" on it.... so basically how do i ground it?

AND does each switch gets two wires???? one to the realy and one to the battery? this is the only way i could get the fan switch to work

Last edited by DankNesS on Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
DankNesS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad that damn fan is a son of a b to get off!!! that is no joke... no wonder you cut it off.. im a lil timid to just brake out the saw zaw but im almost at an end fighting with this thing.... is there any way to get it off with out the special tool and taking off your belt? and not having to cut it?
i suppose i could go buy a metal blade for my friends saw zaw and say buh bye mechanical fan! Finger
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suposedly you can leave the belts on and hod the fan still and turn the big nut and turn the fan right off... I did not work for me.. I just busted out the saw... rofl

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DankNesS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

k cool i think i will cut it.. where do i cut at? the actual bolt or infront of it.. towards the fan?? also what is the deal with the ground and was i right with the switch? 1 to the relay and one to the battery? did you see why you had 2 wires leaving the switch terminal on your relay?
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cut between the nut and the Viscous unit on the fan..

The ground goes right to the body...

The wire thats doubled is the ground... It comes from the body to the post and from the post to a switch solinoid I use to turn the winch off..

Since I dont have an ignition switch I have a main switch that turns off power to everything.. It is raining right now.. I will get a picture of it when it stops .. Hopefully today.. I have lots of stuff to do and the rain is messing it up for me.. Sad

DankNesS

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool im waiting for a freind to try a chain wrench if not im gonna cut er off.. ok.. my relay doesnt have a G post only S and two power posts and one labeled I do i use the I terminal for ground? i planned on grounding the fan and the other relay to the body when i mounted it.. but the ford relay im confused... also im not sure if i did the switches right??? one wire from the realy and one to the battery is this correct??? Embarassed im sorry i just am not sure...
DankNesS

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got my fan off Mr. Green yeah!! best of all i didny have to cut it! my friend has a chain wrench so we took off my belt and attached the chain wrench to my water pump pulley.. after we broke it which was fairly easy it came right off... he used the same tool on his pulley to get his fan off to engine work and it scared the surface up pretty good.. he used a file to make it smooth again.. luckily it bairly phazed mine but i filed it smooth jus to be sure! unfortunetly im not gonna be able to finish till tomarrow... o well im that much closer now!!!
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One small terminal is marked (S) thats the switch lead... And the other small terminal is the ground..

DankNesS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok.. i got the S part the other terminal is definately labeld I for ignition wire.. i grounged it to the jeep and the other relay and the fan under it
i got the fan in and its all good except i went to start me jeep this mourning for work and all i got was clicking.. my battery was dead!! i dunno how this happened..
i wonder if by hooking up a wire from each switch directly to the positive on the battery and another to the relay? is this correct?
everything works...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: