Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

two (possibly stupid) questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: two (possibly stupid) questions Reply with quote

First of all, I'd like to say hi to everyone here. I just bought a 90 xj sport (automatic) with 130,000 miles on it, so I should be hanging around here a lot!

I only got to drive it for a few minutes, because its not insured yet (plus you need to jump it to start it...bad starter or wires to starter probably). However, I noticed this nasty tapping/knocking noise coming from the front end when I turn (right or left) and only when I turn. It kind of sounds like the tapping noise when a strut goes bad, but I know for sure that they were recently replaced.

I noticed a lot of people here that have vibrations/knocking when accel./decel/under 45...etc, but I didn't come across anyone who only had the problem while turning. I'm kind of hoping that its just the wheel bearings (they seem pretty easy to replace), but can anyone confirm? Could it be something else and how do I check?

Also, the drivers side door is pretty rusty. Anyone know somewhere online that i can get a replacement?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Brad The Best

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it could be a wheel bearing . check your ball joints and basically everything under there , if it looks like crap then change it . wheel bearings are pretty easy to do and fairly cheep .

im not sure were you would get a door because i don't know were you live . a wrecker could have one the same color as your current one thats were i would go or buy a new one from a company in vancouver but if you don't live in b.c canada you probably wouldn't shop there .

what are your brakes like in the front , are they destroyed is the caliper bouncing around ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: