Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

THE WINDOW PROBLEM

View previous topic :: View next topic  
94BGCherokee

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: THE WINDOW PROBLEM Reply with quote

I know everyone has had this problem it seems like, your windows will only work from the driver side and no one else can close or open their windows, child lock off or on. Tore the whole car apart and checked continuity a while back, but does anyone know what the problem primarily is so I know where I can start, people always complain when they get in my car, WHY CANT I ROLL MY WINDOW DOWN!!!!!
majikxms

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More than likely you are having a problem with one or less likely all of the control switches for the windows. You may need to change the driver's side unit. Happens to allot of them, mine included. No one is complaining but my wife so I don't worry about it too much. rofl
TheBrat97

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My passenger side window will only roll down if I hold the switch on the passenger door while simultaneously wiggling the switch on the driver door. Very annoying. Does anyone have any ideas?
Brad The Best

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good chance its the switches .
mikeymagic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: i had the same problem Reply with quote

and i fixed it by taking apart the drivers side door, then taking off the cover to the switches and spraying brake cleaner i belive in there. i didnt think it would work, but it worked perfectly and i havent had a problem ever since. also on that note the stop on my drivers side window is broken so if you keep rolling it up after its all the way it makes a very lound and annoying clicking noise from the motor. does anyone know a cheap/easy way to fix this?
94BGCherokee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks ill give that a try, i wonder if the whole switch set is expensive, when I last pulled apart the door, i remember looking at the switches and it said F O R D on it, I automatically knew that was a potential problem, thanks for your post.
mikeymagic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the ford could have been aftermarket from the previous owner. if your going to use my method of fixing the problem. DO NOT over do it with the cleaner. now that i think about it more in depth, i sprayed contact cleaner on all of the switch contacts when they were exposed. sorry for saying break cleaner earlier, it should work if you dont have contact cleaner, but i used contact cleaner.
TheBrat97

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried STP Throttle Body and Intake Cleaner. No luck.
DavidXJ

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this problem on my 1998 XJ. It was the child safety button that was malfunctioning. Of course, they don't sell just that button. You have to buy the whole switch unit, which costs a ridiculous $185+ dollars at the dealer. But it did solve my problem.
ecologito

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know the part number? My XJ sport 98 does the exact same thing. Shouldn't Jeep have a recall on this part since a ton of people experience the same problem with the same part?
94BGCherokee

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea if this is such a common issue with Jeeps why doesnt chrysler have a recall on it, thats rediculas, although this is not really the time to have something like this occur. Chrysler will be laying off 1300 emplyees from the Fenton plant here in saint louis, it sux but o well, they still need to warrant our windows!!!
JeepinNH

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: warranty Reply with quote

Chryco warranty an item on a vehicle that may be 10 years or older? Only if it's a seat belt or possibly an airbag clockspring.

Present: 99 Cherokee
Past: 86, 87 Cherokee; 94 Grand Cherokee
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: