Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

header install

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sdr93

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: header install Reply with quote

Hi,everyone.My 93 ZJ needed a new ex manifold,and I just couldnt MAKE myself spend $500 for a new header.I was searching EBAY for an alternative.and found a chinese copy of a Banks torque tube(well it looks like one anyway) Very Happy It was only $175 shipped.made of 304 stainless.Any way Ijust got around to doing the install today.....Dang,ZJ's are fun to work on.Really it wasnt that bad.I replaced l/h motor mount(A LOT EASIER w/manifolds out of the way)replaced the coolant temp sensor(on the back of the head..now it runs 40 deg cooler. Very Happy )and lower rad hose and speedo gear to re cal speedo for 31's.Now according to obc I'm getting20.8 mpg on hiway,so it was worth the effort.If you are interested in the headders do a search for jeep headers on EBAY.I'm very pleased with mine,the quality is excellent,beautiful welds etc.I have nothing to gain if anyone buys one or not,just thought I would pass along some info on a great deal

Dave
DankNesS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet! do you have a 4.0 or a V8???
sdr93

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a 4.0.I expect milage to increase even more than 20.8.that was just a short "shakedown" run.I'm also switching to synthetic fluids in the diff and transfer case.If I can avg 22/23 mpg I'll be stoked!

Dave
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do synthetic in the tranny and t case as well.. It will help...

I can tell you from experience that the synth fluid in the tranny makes it shift smoother and nicer and most certainly decreases friction in components and increases fuel mileage..

I run Amsoil fuids in my daily driver and it makes a world of difference.. I also put it in my Jeep and my wifes Mini Cooper... And I am putting it in my Newest toy...

Oh also just cause I am posting pics.... I got new rims for my Daily driver...

Sorry about the crappy pics.. but its raining its ass off here... Mr. Green

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DankNesS

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how you liken the montero for the daily driver? why not a four runner? or some maybe commander?

so when changing the tranny fluid over to synthetic how do i do the t case? or should i just hold off on both until i get my 231hd? i am thinkn about runnin ROYAL PURPLE in the tranny and radiator and engine and front and rear diffs.... supposedly when this was done as a test 20 hp was gained.. i know the 318 LOVES the royal purple diet i have it on... 50 dollas a pop but fuk it she sure growls every oil change
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the Montero...

I actually went out looking for a 4 Runner .. But when I started looking . I couldnt find one that had what I wanted.. (solid black and limited.) (limiteds come with 16" tires and fender flares..)

But I did find a Montero Sport Limited.. And the Montero Sport Limited comes with a 3.5 litre engine and the afore mentioned Fender flares and 16" wheels..Mine also came with the sweet running boards...

So Thats what I bought...

I have never looked back... My Monty is much cooler that a lame 4 runner.

And Keep in mind that the 3.5 in the Montero is the same engine thats in the Eclipse Turbo.. So its easy to find performance mods.. (and one day I am going to swap the heads and turbo from one of those biotches onto my Monty)

rofl rofl rofl rofl

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha.. So silly .. got to talking about my Monty and forgot you asked a question..

you dont have to change the t case fluid at the same time but while you are under there ...Why not.. Mr. Green

li'l jeep

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the headers....why can't i seem to find any for my 5.2L? well Edlebrock makes 'em for like 600-700, but yeah, that's a little much for me. Anyone know more about headers for a 97 Grand with a 5.2?
DankNesS

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive done a lot of looking man.... 5-700 is about what i found too... i think i found some for 300 but i dunno if its worth it... hopefully swampy or some one that has aftermarket headers will chime in cuz i too would LOVE some headers!!!! i will just go with the edlebrock if not
nori

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sorry about the crappy pics.. but its raining its ass off here... Mr. Green

Not to change topic or anything but that's a really nice Mitsubishi setup swamp. I wish I can tint my windows that dark in the front but am too chicken about getting pulled over by a cop. Neutral I've had pretty bad experience with my Honda Prelude (all black), cops just love that theme so much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: