Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2008 Wrangler won't start!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ringo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: 2008 Wrangler won't start! Reply with quote

I've had my unlimited for almost a year with absolutly no problems until recently. The engine would'nt turn over, I a few minuets checking things with no luck decided to call dealer. Service manager told me this had been happening and that it had to do with the Anti-theft system. Luckily there's a work around to get you on your way. Under the hood in the fuse compartment there's a rather large white square that holds twu fuses.You need to lift it up (appox. 1/4 inch ) for about ten seconds.This re-sets the system and it started. Service tech said the glitch had to do with the micro-chip in the key not communicating with a module in the dash. Said they would order a replacement and I made an appointment but it's been two weeks and has'nt happened again. I,m debating weather to bother thinking same could happen with new one. Anyway I thought pass the story along so if someone experiences the same thing they won't freak. shock
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I'd get it fixed - even if the new one breaks, you're able to show them a pattern and keep getting them fixed. Wink
Ringo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject: 2008 Wrangler won't start! Reply with quote

Hopefully the end of the story- Took jk for first visit to dealer service. Did'nt stay long appox. two Hrs. to install new module (under dash) and re-program both keys. No too painfull, Sooo we'll wait and see Rolling Eyes
XrtmCat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Same thing happened Reply with quote

About a year after, When I went to unlock it chirped as if someone tried to break in. Wouldn't start. We had to disconnect the battery to force it to re-set. Thanks for the post, didn't know it was something they could fix! It hasn't happened since and that was a yr ago.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> JK Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: