Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

scary break incident that has been happening for a while...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DankNesS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

factory will warp easier then autozone you mean?? im not even sure if they are factory rotors.. they must be and its pushin 107k.. i think a change would definatel wouldnt hurt
ehirner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DankNesS wrote:
factory will warp easier then autozone you mean?? im not even sure if they are factory rotors.. they must be and its pushin 107k.. i think a change would definatel wouldnt hurt

I'll fill in the blanks. I said "those fancy [slotted and drilled] rotors will warp easier [than OE rotors]....there's less metal in them to absorb the heat." I mentioned nothing about factory vs. Autozone.
DankNesS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh ok.... i get it now... so OE rotors wont warp as fast as some slotted drilled racing rotors, that are 70 bucks a pop? that donest really make sense...
ehirner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DankNesS wrote:
oh ok.... i get it now... so OE rotors wont warp as fast as some slotted drilled racing rotors, that are 70 bucks a pop? that donest really make sense...

Sure it does...you're paying for the fancy advertising and the marketing hype, not to mention the machining done to rotors.
Brad The Best

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your rotors have 107 k on them ?? ya there warped and shot . there so ridiculously cheep i replace them when i do pads .

disabling your abs is not difficult , by pass some valves in the system and probably disconnect the accumulator and motor also perhaps the abs computer .

drilled or slotted rotors will clog up with garbage off road , more expensive rotors will eat your pads faster , at slower speeds you will warp your rotors faster with slotted or cross drilled rotors , at higher speed probably not because they aren't made of recycled steel (unless the ones you buy are) , ether way they will probably warp unless you convert to a larger system . just learn to use your transmission more to slow you down and make your stopping distances longer so you don't heat them up as much , rotors are made out of old recycled metal , basically there cheep and warp easy . i wouldn't recommend slotted or drilled rotors for off road use the slots are so you grasses can escape under braking .

not really jealous of your 318 ether #1. fuel economy and #2. a 350 Chev stroked out to a 383 is far superior not only in power but in after market support.

btw accumulators are dangerous be sure you know what you are doing , otherwise you could inject hydraulic fluid into your vain and die a most agonizing death in around 30 seconds from the unwanted injection (nto fun to watch happen to some one)
DankNesS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya cool thanks Very Happy . im not sure if they have ever been replaced... im thinking they were probably machined a couple times so a replacement couldnt hurt especially if its so cheap.

i wasnt asking everyone if they were jealous of my V8 power only
ehirner. for some reason he wanted to ruffle my feathers so i figured i pinpointed why he would want to talk his crap... as far as fuel economy you think your I6 is so much better? i dont really care about MPG anyway and as for power. please dont even talk about power bringing up that crappy chevy engine. i will have way more power than a shitty 350. id sooner have a 360 or even better 6.1 hemi. chevy is crap even a 302 would poop on a 350.
bud
how much hp is a stroked 383 pushing? i know id rather build a 360 and bore it out bigger cam roller rockers push rods etc.. but even then... jus get a hemi. guess it comes down to money but dodge has got a 200 mph+ car that is soon to hit 300 mph and has 1000+ hsp......... ITS A FOUR CYLINDER.. no joke. if they put that same set up on a 6.1 forget about it.
nori

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please allow me to sum it up if I understood the previous posts correctly...

Jeepers shouldn't worry about fuel economy (power/consumption) or get a Honda Insight(low power/low consumption).
Mr. Green

Last edited by nori on Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:10 am; edited 1 time in total
ehirner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DankNesS wrote:
as far as fuel economy you think your I6 is so much better? i dont really care about MPG anyway and as for power. please dont even talk about power bringing up that crappy chevy engine. i will have way more power than a shitty 350. id sooner have a 360 or even better 6.1 hemi. chevy is crap even a 302 would poop on a 350.
bud
how much hp is a stroked 383 pushing? i know id rather build a 360 and bore it out bigger cam roller rockers push rods etc.. but even then... jus get a hemi. guess it comes down to money but dodge has got a 200 mph+ car that is soon to hit 300 mph and has 1000+ hsp......... ITS A FOUR CYLINDER.. no joke. if they put that same set up on a 6.1 forget about it.

Why is it I have a feeling you're going to lose this argument??? Here's an idea...shut up and listen. If you do this, you just might be able to figure out why I'm "talking crap".

Psst...start by looking at the definitions of "tool" on urbandictionary.com.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tool

Now, I'm talking crap.
nori

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thread digression

Ok.. peeps... chill..

Have some vodka/420 and plz respect each others' opinions...; again.. why do all the posts I touch upon goes into some **** ??? I'm new here and this sucks bad.

As a veteran forum posters, we should know that we all make mistakes(flames), that's what PM is for. With all due respect on both of you ehirner and darkness... c'mon man....keep it objective (break/rotor/ABS issue) and vent frustrations on exhaust system.

P.S. Flame posts don't contribute to search function in forums. HELP!

/thread digression

Last edited by nori on Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:50 am; edited 1 time in total
ehirner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nori wrote:
thread digression

Ok.. peeps... chill..

Have some vodka/420 and plz respect each others' opinions...; again.. why do all the posts I touch upon goes into some **** ??? I'm new here and this sucks bad.

As a veteran forum posters, we should know that we all make mistakes(flames), that's what PM is for. With all due respect on both of you... c'mon man....keep it objective (break/rotor/ABS issue) and vent frustrations on exhaust system.

P.S. Flame posts don't contribute to search function in forums. HELP!

/thread digression

It's not you. Look at who else has also been in each of the threads.
nori

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Understood ehirner. It's about time you admins/moderators include forum manner guidelines in registration form before making us pay for the storage space. Is there any place for contributions BTW? Paypal? Sorry again for off topic, but I know it's your admin/moderator concerns. People need to understand forum space cost money,

NOTHING IS FREE in this world. Wink Feel the pain forum noobs. Ok.. back to rotor/ABS system issues. KEEP THIS FORUM AWESOME & CONCICE.
DankNesS

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is in fact MY thread..... i dont back donw from shit.. i have strong opinions... its usually pretty hard to change my mind even if you are in fact right.... i will definately talk some garbage and i definately dont let a lil trash talk my way ruin my day....

shit what fun would the forum be if we all thought alike.. proably a bunch of three sentance replys..." 13mm tourque to 80lbs lower vehicle..." there is no excitement in that.. id rather bash ford and chevy and start a dispute Finger rofl rofl ha ha im sorry if im over opinionated... i love the help and would LOVE to think ive helped at least 1 person on here... i have 0 hard feelings with every member here.. we are all family in my eyes.. if i ever see ehirner on the trail ill pass the peace pipe and ofer him a guinness- at camp of course Very Happy cus drinking and 4x4ing leads to upside down pissed
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good God, this is still going on? Play nice.
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok.. I was Pmed and someone wanted to know how to bypass ABS..

It is as simple as pulling the 2 ABS fuses.. (one under hood one in passenger compartment) and unplugging the ABS pump (near master cylinder.)

Thats it.. Your brakes will lock up when you stomp the pedal and you will never again loose brake pressure because water splashed on your sensors..

I am in no way advocating the removal of any safety device from your vehicle that is strictly your choice ..

I am mearly telling you how to do it should you choose to.. Mr. Green

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DankNesS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

of course i myself dont advocate the removal of any safety device either.. that is definately a no no.... BUT say one were to want to remove the ABS... by unplug the ABS pump, does that mean the electrical box on the drver side fender in the engine compartment?.. unplug the electrical connector? im sure im wrong im gonna check the haynes... just in case id need to disable it for what ever reason Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: