Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW After Market Alteeza Tail Lights - Wiring LED's????

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhiggs26

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject: NEW After Market Alteeza Tail Lights - Wiring LED's???? Reply with quote

I ordered new tail lights off of Ebay. The lights have the normal plug in but the have seperate wiring for the LED's on the side. They didn't send any wiring instructions with the lights and I'm not sure how to wire them in. Has anyone ever bought any aftermarket tailights and if so are there any instrctions on wiring the LED's. Any help would be appreciated!!
rssnrocket9

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

altezza taillights are wack. spend the money on bigger tires or a lift
unforgiven

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 tip for installation of altezza's.......10 lb bfh tool
OnAll4s

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: NEW After Market Alteeza Tail Lights - Wiring LED's???? Reply with quote

Rhiggs26 wrote:
I ordered new tail lights off of Ebay. The lights have the normal plug in but the have seperate wiring for the LED's on the side. They didn't send any wiring instructions with the lights and I'm not sure how to wire them in. Has anyone ever bought any aftermarket tailights and if so are there any instrctions on wiring the LED's. Any help would be appreciated!!

Reggie, sorry to see you haven't gotten any straight answers yet, being that the whole idea of a "forum" environment is for everyone to share helpful information which one can't easily obtain otherwise.

Regardless of my opinions on Altezza style lighting, I'll provide my best educated guess on how to hook those things up.

I would guess the LEDs has two wires coming off it? Depending on the purpose of these extra LEDs, (running lights? brake? turn?) you could probably simply "tee" one of the extra wires into its corresponding power wire on the existing harness. You can probably connect it using a scotch-lok type clip. The second wire is the ground; connect that to the ground wire coming off the existing, once again with a scotch clip.

I'm sorry I can't be more descriptive. These should operate fine without overloading the existing wiring and without need of a separate relay. Check them after a few minutes of operation to make sure nothing is overheating. Also check to make sure these don't cause any false electrical errors on the car's system.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: