Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

jeep SRT8???

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
5.9 andy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject: jeep SRT8??? Reply with quote

hey anyone know any thing about the new JGC SRT8 with the 6.2L
i hear that they run a quater mile in less than 15 seconds!
im gona do a test drive on one some day soon.
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out this article I have on it. This thing is a f***ing beast!!!!! It's got a 6.1L, 420 hp and 420 ft lbs. torque. dancing banana

Put me down for two!!!

5.9 andy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my dream is to get one and throw on some good solid axles and put a FATTY lift on and run some good mud terrains and mob on the streat and off road.
DankNesS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drool the 6.1 is a rediculous engine..... 420 naturally aspirated... they have aftermarket superchargers not to expensive and not even to much psi but will put it past 550...i just wonder if it can fit in my 93 and if id need a new tranny. of course im sure then engine alon is 6,000 at the very very least probably closer to 20. it is trully a beast tho... ive seen an srt8 in person.... SICK.. im not a fan of the 20" rims.. and if it has IFS that is definately gay too.. that kinda power is fkn umimaginable..
quadna71

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DankNesS wrote:
.. im not a fan of the 20" rims.. and if it has IFS that is definately gay too.. that kinda power is fkn umimaginable..

so, you think you'd get the kind of handling that is rightly due to the SRT8 by putting 15" wheels on the same diameter tires and having a solid front axle? follow that thought through...
chris Rolling Eyes
5.9 andy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well obviously i would not be able 2 mob on the road as well as stock but it would still be kool as hell.
DankNesS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hell ya foo... id put 16 x 10s 4.5" lift 33 12.5's i dont care bout road handling if i did id get a WRX.but if i was gonna race her id lower the front and put 18 inch rims max and some semi slicks wide as i could get em....
Brad The Best

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why would you race in a box?
DankNesS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

420hsp + super charger = 550 hsp... id have to race a few people that thought thier v8 was faster... i guess i cant back down from a challenge.. plus i like to see peoples face when a big ol jeep whoops them in a race Twisted Evil
nori

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad The Best wrote:
why would you race in a box?

IMO---

GC doesn't just perform well off-road, but it roars on-road.. stock 4x4AWD with no additives.

Though, whatever Jeep comes out with, you gotta give them a huge credit for innovating the world's best 4x4 systems whether on or off road performance. Toyota and Mitsubishi can only envy.

/IMO---
Derek Mc

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are only a handful hitting the roads in the UK du to gas prices but it is so sad as the SRT8 can out run a Cayenne Turbo that costs twice as much sounds like a Hemi only can, looks better than Scarlet Johanssen in a swimsuit and sounds like Wyatt Earp on Steroids. A sure fire winner for the on road set just as the CRD is for the off road set as it gives the car almost front rear weight balance and has enough torque to haul freight trains
Brad The Best

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to bad it doesn't actually have hemispherical combustion chambers but actually pollyspherical combustion chambers making it not a hemi just like all the new "hemi,s"

it would be fun to beat the pants off some tuner's in a box i have to admit , the look on there face would be worth the price tag
DankNesS

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats all im sayin.. ive beat a few ponys (4.6 L) in my 93 ZJ and their bug eyes Shocked are freagn priceless!
Giffer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i get passed by mini vans. i drive a jeep, the average speed i like to go is somewhere between 5-10km/h. if i wanted a jeep that could go "fast", which is a cotradiction on the name jeep, i would have stopped investing my money into my crawler and into a "race car". just my $0.02
viper24242

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get my Jeep to go fast, but it sure is fun to beat little wanna be treet racers in there little crvs that are all to numerous around here. I love giving them half a car lenght then hitting that gas and staring at then when a "box" with 31 m/ts fly by.
Flowmaster 50
Rusty's air tube
Rusty's steering stabilizer
AEM throttle body spacer
120 amp alternator upgrade
Rusty's Tie Rod Conversion
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: