Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Old Man Emu lift questions. Opinions welcomed.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
StopTheExcuses

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Old Man Emu lift questions. Opinions welcomed. Reply with quote

Hello. This is my first post as a buddy of mine just told me about this websight. I plan on lifting my 1998 XJ with an Old Man Emu Kit. From what I've read, this kit gives anywhere from 1.5 inches to 3.0 inches of lift. I will be purchasing the 10mm spacer to help the front even out with the back as far as height. Now to my question, I've already picked up a set of 31 x 10.50 BF Goodrich All terrains because the price was unbeatable for new. $200. Now, on Quadratecs websight, it says 31's will fit and that Old Man Emu reccomends 31's with this particular kit on XJ Cherokees. Now, from what i've read on other places is that 31's might not fit. I read the lift/tire guide on the sticky here, and it just leaves me with more questions. Any definitive answer? Thanks. And as far as the actual lift goes, I'm pretty stuck on Old Man Emu as I drive this Jeep ALOT on the highway/city so I need it to ride as good as possible! Attached is pre lift pictures.

Brad The Best

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your 30x10.50 should fit with your lift kit .

you might rub a little bit if you really articulate it , but thats life Very Happy i really think you wont but im just covering my ass .

welcome aboard .
StopTheExcuses

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad The Best wrote:
your 30x10.50 should fit with your lift kit .

you might rub a little bit if you really articulate it , but thats life Very Happy i really think you wont but im just covering my ass .

welcome aboard .

Thanks for the welcome! Did you mean to say my "31x10.50" or my "30X10.50"? Haha. I just want to make sure before I have to sell these tires!
majikxms

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The height of the 31" tire will be fine with the OME lift, but the width will cause it to rub unless you have after market wheels. Are you planning on running your stock wheels with the 31's? Anything 9.5" wide or wider will rub without wheels with a larger backspacing. The 31/10.5 tire stock wheel combo will fit, but you will definately have rubbing on the Lower Control Arms and maybe some other spots.
StopTheExcuses

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

majikxms wrote:
The height of the 31" tire will be fine with the OME lift, but the width will cause it to rub unless you have after market wheels. Are you planning on running your stock wheels with the 31's? Anything 9.5" wide or wider will rub without wheels with a larger backspacing. The 31/10.5 tire stock wheel combo will fit, but you will definately have rubbing on the Lower Control Arms and maybe some other spots.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I do plan on running the stock wheel for the time being shown in the photograph. So, I assume this rubbing will only be when the wheel is turned all the way to the right or left. For example when making a U-turn?
majikxms

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES

and read this:
http://jeephorizons.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4942&highlight=steering
Brad The Best

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm i thought i posted about the steering stops . i guess it didn't post .
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: