Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HIGH LIFT IN REAR BUMPER INSTALL.. works great!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DankNesS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: HIGH LIFT IN REAR BUMPER INSTALL.. works great! Reply with quote

well first off im sorry if this is posted in the wrong place.. my bad yall... n e way to do this you must remove your crappy plastic serves 0 purpase rear bumper.. or should i say just the plastic around your bumper. it should come right off or.. u can do wat i did and turn into the hulk pissed and jus rip it off and shred it above your head... then you will see she slides right in.. kinda snug but thats how i like it!! rofl rofl

then you must drill a hole for a grade 5 bolt to keep er in place.. or to be lucky you can drill three like i did... then it will look way cool like mine!!! i didnt put a lock on it cuz my dog wakes up pretty easy and will scare the shit outa people even tho he is a big ol baby.... here are the pics... easiest install eva... and it gives it a more of a 4x4 extreme look.. ha ha

the pics hopefully

i took off the bottom to dissuade theaves... look how it doesnt stick out really to bad at all?

three holes is definately the ONLY way to go Finger

DankNesS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is my best freind and jeep protector!! he normally doesnt wear shirts but he got hit by a car Shocked and it was to keep his road rash clean and so he cant get at it

swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Job.. I might take it a step further and notch the top of the bumper to get the jack part to slide into the bumper an inch or so...

I like the 3 hole look.. Makes it more aerodynamic.. Think of the wind resistance you are eliminating .. Mr. Green Mr. Green

What part of New Mexico are you in... A buddy of mine moved to NM a few months ago..

He lives In Rio Rancho...

Here is a pic of he just sent me.. His is the TJ..

Anyway... Hijack over...

Mr. Green

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Giffer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that looks pretty bad @ss. sorry to hear about your dog.
DankNesS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya i thought about notchn her in too... but we only had a wood blade.. and just got back from the hardware store when we found out.. i also live in RIO rofl wat a coincidence! it looks like he is on top of a hill near the high school.. is he on the horizon? id love to start a JEEP club down here or somethin.. all my boys are stuck riden stock.. but f it.. we all were stock once. i just like to have a herd when i hit the trails.. good for if you get stuck and just good to rep JEEP
GIFFER
hey thanks man! thats totally cool of you! dont worry tho the dog is fine!! he is a solid freagn tank!! he got hit real hard too! i thought he was done for! i was there cuz a lady came to my door and asked if i had a brwon and white dog and that she almost mased him.. yada yada i thanked her and went out the back fence that was left open(not his fault) and looked to my right. 100 yds and accross a lil residential street there were some dogs in a yard and his goofy ass was haven the time of his life until i yelled "ROCKSTEADY GET OVER HERE" like scorpion from mortal kombat. he is named rocksteady from teenage mutant ninja turtles and his bro was b-bop. n e way he turned so fast and charged like Urlacher in full blitz perfect timing to get slammed by a car 25-30 with very little braking.. they sped off and from my angle i couldnt see what happened to him... i started running expecting to see blood and guts and death but to my surprisement he came running at me like nothing ever happened!!! fuckn nuts! and the worse play back memory ever! except when i rolled my 4runner.. that memory is haunting... so ya sorry bout the speal.. sheesh

Last edited by DankNesS on Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has a blue wrangler and his wife has a yellow one. I believe they both have DELTA 4X4 CLUB stickers on the windshield..

I will get his email addy for you.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DankNesS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool man... can neva have enough 4x4 buds.. i got stuck all alone 2 days ago with my shitty ass limited slip.. limited suck if you ask me! sure to give the wrong tire power EVERY time!! aaww damkn i had to call my wrangler bud to come get my ass out.. o well made his freagn stock ass day... SO how hard is it to lock the back? i was peepn your page and member somethin bout weldn some spider gears to lock the back?? my friend has a welder.. how hard is this? better yet how easy is this to fuck up something badly?
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a 14 bolt rear that I was welding.. I would not suggest welding a daily driver.. Especially not a dana 35.. But since you have a LS all you have to do is add another plate or 2 to the diff.. (get them from a boneyard LS or a LS rebuild kit..)

That will tighten it up considerably..

DankNesS

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn so i cant weld-lock my rear? a well... i will have to just wait till i can buy a lock rite for 250 i believe i found it for... i hate the traction control on these stock rigs! i cant make it up some bull shit ass shit cus it is to stupid to give the right tire power!!! Evil or Very Mad
DankNesS

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya so i took your advice and notched her in a lil bit... i also took the initiative to primer it with that ust stopping primer, i forget the name, and then painted it with engine block paint.... i went with aluminum cuz it was either that or clear or red.. red woulda been a lil mutch but woulda matched the hi lift Mr. Green i think it came out pretty good and looks a hellova lot betta then it did

nori

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the hi-jack lift in the bumper, but me being such an OEM-look freak, I was wondering if you can somehow do a little minor cuts to the old bumper and fit it over so everything looks original and also get to conseal the lift?

It might make it more troublesome to take out the lift, but with the right cuts, it might just work out. I just wanted to toss some idea in.
DankNesS

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know what your sayin... it looks really sloppy.. when i go to the junk yard im going to look into getting a bumper (the plastic one) and just using the sides and under the lights... i duno.. i it might be easier to fab something off a cherokees side bumpers.. i think you could definately make it look a lot better if you cut out your stock bumper and made it look like it was suppose to be there. good luck id like to see how it comes out
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: