Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEWBIE QUESTIONS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HornetDude

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject: NEWBIE QUESTIONS Reply with quote

Hello all. I am new to the forum today and just wanted to say hello!
I drive a 2005 Jeep TJ Sport.

I am looking to do some minor mods and I am sure this topic has probably been discussed on here a thousand times but here goes. I am thinking of a two inch Lift. And 31 inch tires. Is this recommended or should I go with a 4 inch and 35's or something. I don't do a lot of off roading and mostly highway miles but doing it more for looks than anything. Are the spacer lifts OK?
Also what do you know about Bushwacher Trail Armour, the corner piece/rocker panel kits? They are stick ons right? Do they last?
And the last question is where do I buy a tubular bumperkit and nerf bar kit?
ehirner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4" and 35s required a lot of money and other modifications....it's not as simple as bolting on parts. I'd stick with the spacers and 31" like you asked if you really need to do something.

My personal opinion is to not waste your money on the Bushwacker plastic crap. It is just plastic that's held on with double-sided tape. It is not going to protect you against much.

I'd also caution you against the tubular bumpers and nerf bars. They truely are pieces of junk Look into some real rocker protection if you want something...might as well spend the money on something with a lot more function and not just form. For example, the Jeeperman Trail Skids...they protect the rocker from rocks and obstacles that can be very damaging yet will give you the tube step appearance.
HornetDude

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input. It's good to hear others opinions before I make any decisions.
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll 2nd that - the Bushwacker stuff if more cosmetic than anything else. And yes, look at a real rocker skid with an integrated step something like Poison Spyder, Jeeperman, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: