Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

tranny wows

View previous topic :: View next topic  
timber tramp

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: tranny wows Reply with quote

I have a 94 ZJ, 5.2, auto. 3" lift with 32"s. After it warms up it get to the point where it should shift into 4th gear but it just seems to want to hang out in 3rd. If I put the selector lever to neutral and back to drive then it shifts. Also if I shift into 2nd and back to drive it will shift. Sometimes when I stop at a stop light it wont shift down unless I manualy shift to neutral or 2nd and back to drive. It doesn't seem to slip. Do you think this could be a shift cable problem? Thanks for any ideas. Sad
RussellRowell

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you should change your oil and filter if you haven't done so already. I just had some crazy shifting problems myself and changing the oil really made a difference. I still get the delayed shift from 3 to 4 but it shifts after it warms up. I would also check the adjustment on the throttle linkage to tranny cable. Its done at the throttle body. A hanes manual will tell you how better than me. GL
NP249 / 5.2 / MB Motoring Rims/ 1500 watts
timber tramp

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: tranny, "not" Reply with quote

Finally had to pull the tranny but after opening it up everything looked pretty good, at least for 235,000 mi.. Tore into the overdrive unit. Toasted! Now I have a rebuilt trans, re-manufactured OD, and rebuilt 242. Should be good for another 200,000.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: