Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

thingy on the throttle body?? please read

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brent bartman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: thingy on the throttle body?? please read Reply with quote

ok i got a 92 Xj with some goodies on it, well the acelerator cable or throttle cable has the little plastic peice at the end to connect to my throttle body to control my throttle... obviouslly well it rotted away or broke off w/e well that little plactic peice whats it called??? can i buy a new one???? or do i need a whole new cable???? how do i fix it ???its currently been jerry rigged with duck tape and i get like 55% of my throttle cuz it wont go any harder...well it might be good with gas prices to prevent me from slamming it on the streets but what goods my intake exhaust and TB spacer if i cant give full gass and it also puts a dampering on me when in 4 lo and i need to power up a steep hill....please help
Tardis

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds unsafe. Buy a new cable, they're cheap. Auto Parts Giant has one for $9.17+shipping. Check it out...
http://catalog.autopartsgiant.com/item.wws?sku=16634&mfr=DORMAN&weight=0.50&cookieID=21C01BC2T21C01BR98&clientid=autopartsgiant
You could go to a junkyard and get one for $5, maybe even free if the folks are nice.
brent bartman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah well its worked for like a month now but i just ordered it thanks for the help
AFE cold air
jet chips TBS
4 inch rustys spring pack
32 TSL (more like street slicks)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: