Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bumpers Found Lacking

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nori

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:19 am    Post subject: Bumpers Found Lacking Reply with quote

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/03/01/earlyshow/contributors/susankoeppen/main2526481.shtml

Mr. Green
unforgiven

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some people shouldn't be allowed to even look at computers, or vehicles for that matter.

quote from the comments section:

The word "duh" comes to mind. As the IIHS report stated, the bumpers are sliding beneath SUV/pickup bumpers. Yet another reason why SUVs are bad. The higher SUV bumpers cause much more severe injuries when they strike a pedestrian or if they broadside a normal car. For pedestrians, the impact zone gets raised to the torso instead of the lower extremities and people in standard cars get the impact zone raised from the torso (which is protected by side-impact bars and such) to the head & neck which are less protected. We need SUVs seriously redesigned so that they pose a significantly less risk to other people and the environment.
Posted by arvo73 at 10:44 AM : Mar 01, 2007
Shocked Rolling Eyes tool
Drake69

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's right, just blame it on the design of the SUVs. Hey, here's a thought. Maybe there wouldn't be so many pedestrian deaths from vehicles clipping them if the stupid tards actually walked ON SIDEWALKS DURING THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY FOR A BLESSED CHANGE, RATHER THAN IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD AT 2:00 IN THE BLESSED AM!

Typical fascist society we've become. Blame the companies and the government rather than taking on the awesome responsibility of our own lives when something goes wrong.

Makes me wanna kick a hippies azz. Waitaminit, where's Qadhafi when we need him?

nori

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rofl nice!
1fox2go

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i read that i got the feeling the were complaining more about the bumpers on the cars, not the suvs
unforgiven

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah they were complaining about the bumpers on all vehicles being substandard. but they also were bitching about anything that rides higher than a grain of rice. Shocked
nori

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Green heheh
viper24242

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a little 2in bugest boost without new tires (still had 29's at the time) and my buddy rearended me in his dads honda civic. Did about 300 dollars worth of damage to my jeep and 4,000 to his civic. Of course, although he said "I don't want to talk about it" his father was equally pissed at the ride height of my little jeep.
Flowmaster 50
Rusty's air tube
Rusty's steering stabilizer
AEM throttle body spacer
120 amp alternator upgrade
Rusty's Tie Rod Conversion
mattj

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

too durned bad for dad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad If he doesn't like the height of your ride, then he can buy you one more to his liking. Barring that, he has no right to complain about the height of your vehicle, he did not pay for it.

pissed GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!pissed
viper24242

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say that besides that one point his dad is a great guy. I was just taken bavk at how he felt since I think he is a good guy. Nothing has been said about it since and since it was the day after the accident I'm sure that it was just said out of general frustration.

I'm all for him buying me a car considering gas prices. Also considering he just helped his son buy a 98 Wrangler! Wait till that boys lifted, we'll see how he feels about it then Twisted Evil
Flowmaster 50
Rusty's air tube
Rusty's steering stabilizer
AEM throttle body spacer
120 amp alternator upgrade
Rusty's Tie Rod Conversion
1fox2go

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

regardless of how high the vehicle is, you was still rear ended, meaning it does not make a shit if you was lowered or 6 inches. Had you rear ended him and you was 6 inches and your winch bumper went through his cars back glass and crumpled the pillars holding the roof up, then you could complain about you jeep being too tall. Things like that piss me off, anytime you are rear ended its the person who hits your vehicle to blame, not how high you vehicle is. Tell him foxx said to teach his son not to follow to closely anymore i dont care if he hates me
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General BS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: