Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How reliable are 2001 Jeep Cherokee Sports?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
440SCOUT

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A LITTLE OVER 6 YEAR AGO I WENT LOOKING FOR A CHEROKEE BECAUSE MY WIFE WAS PREGNANT AND I DEFINATELY DIDNT WANT TO BE PUTTING THE KID IN THE BACK OF THE MAZDA SHE HAD AT THE TIME I DIDNT HAVE VERY MUCH MONEY BUT I LIKED THE CHEROKEE AND HAD HEARD THAT THE ENGINE WAS INDESTRUCTIBLE.. I FOUND AN EXTREMELY CLEAN 87 WITH 278,000 MILES ON IT..(YES I KNOW THATS A LOT BUT IT WAS A GOOD DEAL AND IT RAN AWESOME) SO I BOUGHT IT AND PUT A 3 INCH LIFT AND SOME NICE WHEELS AND TIRES ... SHE DROVE IT EVERY WHERE ON ROAD AND OFF .. ROAD TRIPS ,TOWING THE QUADS ETC ETC... WELL I JUST GOT RID OF THAT JEEP ABOUT 1 1/2 YEARS AGO BECAUSE EVEN THOUGH IT STILL RAN GOOD AND STILL PASSED SMOG I THOUGHT THAT 485,000 MILES WAS JUST PLAIN PUSHING MY LUCK (OH THE POWER STEERING WAS LEAKING AND THE FRONT SUSPENSION , BALL JOINTS ETC WERE GOING TO NEED TO BE REPLACED).. GRANTED I DONT KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THE ENGINE WASNT REPLACED BEFORE I GOT IT BUT IT DIDNT LOOK LIKE IT UNDER THE HOOD WHEN I GOT IT... SO LETS SEE I BOUGHT THE TRUCK FOR $2200 (I KNOW LOOKING BACK I SHOULDNT HAVE PAID THAT MUCH)
A CRANK SENSOR THAT WAS LIKE $35 AND WHEELS TIRES AND A LIFT THAT COST ME ABOUT $1200 SO WE'LL SAY ABOUT $3450 I WAS IN IT NOT INCLUDING MAINT REG AND GAS AND WHEN I WAS DONE DRIVING APPROX 200,000 MILES I STILL GOT $1500 FOR IT ....
I WOULD SAY IT WAS THE BEST $2000 I HAVE EVER SPENT....
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: