Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Possible driveline vibration....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cnotespencerusn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Possible driveline vibration.... Reply with quote

I have recently i stalled on my '97 XJ a 3" skyjacker lift and in recent weeks have noticed a slight vibration when accelerating from a stop to about five to seven mph, and the it usually stops. When I talked to a friend of mine he said when going in excess of 3" you may experience driveline vibration. Is this true? Please help me shed some light on the situation and possible ways to resolve this. Any feedback would be very appreciated!! Also one thing to point out was that I put the lift on myself, however was meticoulos and very careful to ensure it was done correctly, was there possibly something I had missed? Thanks again!

1997 Cherokee Country
3" Skyjacker Softride
K&N cold-air intake
Airaid throttlebody spacer
flowmaster 40 series exhaust
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Driveline vibes are very common when lifting XJ's...especially over 3". It's usually caused by the angle of the rear driveshaft in relation to the axle and the t-case. It sounds like the vibes you have are relatively minor.

I have 6" of lift, a SYE/short shaft conversion and a double cardan CV driveshaft to correct the angles and I STILL have a minor shudder on deceleration just before a dead stop.

A t-case drop will probably resolve your problem. It's simply 4 spacers (typically about 1") that install between the unibody and crossmember. This causes the tailshaft of the tranny, as well as the tcase, to drop and reduces the angle of the rear driveshaft to the axle.

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cnotespencerusn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help! I suppose unless it gets worse I'll leave it as is.
brent bartman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im on 4 1/2 inchs and didnt have anyvibes untill i put on my sye then added some rustys sims and im fine
AFE cold air
jet chips TBS
4 inch rustys spring pack
32 TSL (more like street slicks)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: