Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4.0L won't idle, not TPS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
srb96bravo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:18 am    Post subject: 4.0L won't idle, not TPS Reply with quote

Hey, 1997 Cherokee 4.0L Auto.

There's been a number of little things wrong, but I can't seem to pinpoint them. First, someday's it starts right up, idles, perfect. Later in the day, starts, but will die unless I hold the throttle, if I give it gas it will sit a ~700 rpm, but if I let off it just dies. I thought this could be the TPS, so I cleaned it, but still did it so I just replaced it. Well, the starter has been acting up also, randomly it just clicks when I turn the key. I am prettry sure that means the starter is gone, but then maybe a few minutes later it works. Ideas? No CEL or codes. Should the starter just be the next thing I replace? Then figure out the idle problem?

I have heard of the crank position sensor causing problems, but that didn't make sense to me. Anyway, thanks for your time!

Scott
Brad The Best

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAC is your idle problem .

your vehicle wont run with a broken CPS

you could have a low battery , or the starter solenoid is dieing /bad wires .
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Drivetrain All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: