Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

just switched tires, having trouble at certain speeds

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikeymagic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: just switched tires, having trouble at certain speeds Reply with quote

alright, two days ago i switched tires with my sister, she has a 2000 xj with all terain tires, i had xradials, i wanted hers to i switched the tires. i did everything by the book, tourqed the tires to 90 then to 110 pounds. my sister hasnt had a problem with my xradials but when i go 50 my wheel starts to shake rapidly and i can feel the front end doing the same, its pretty scary but only when i go about 48-52 i have no idea whats the matter. any suggestions? thanks
Flowmaster delta flow 40
brent bartman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gotta lump in ur tire?????did they wobble on ur sisters?????
AFE cold air
jet chips TBS
4 inch rustys spring pack
32 TSL (more like street slicks)
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tires need to be rebalanced. Did you put the new tires on the same locations they were on your sisters? Meaning front left on front left, front right on front right etc.. Front tires wear differently than rear tires. Sometimes when they are rotated they need to be rebalanced. What happens is exactly what you are describing. Not all tires do it, that's why your sister's are fine, although she should get hers rebalanced too. It will extend the life of the tires.
GREATONES96

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree 100% i work at a tire shop and typically with a vibration at higher speeds it is a balance issue,,if it was lower speeds it would be a seperation or cupping but with it being around 45 to 50 mph it would be a balance issue..
mikeymagic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:43 am    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

i rotated the tires from one jeep to the other in both cases, they were nearing needing to b rotated anyways, the front were scaloping and the rears were smooth. i rotated just like it says to move the backs straight up front and the fronts switched in the back, i will go to costcos and get my tires balanced, thank you guys for the input.
Flowmaster delta flow 40
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: