Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Transmission question.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cajzmere

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Transmission question. Reply with quote

Hello, does anyone know which wires on a 46RH are the ones to test for overdrive solenoid, and which ones for torque converter lockup. I got 2 sets wires with 3 wires each. One set goes in straight down with an almost rectangle connector. The other set goes in the side and has a round connector. Both are on the driver's side. My trans. won't go into OD anymore at all and I want to test for power and continuity on those wires 1st, before I start going after other things like tearing apart the tranny.. Other than no OD the trans. shifts perfectly, as if I have a 3 speed. I have already tested the TPS, checks perfect and I have adjusted the TV? cable properly. I figured those were the 2 most common problems, from what I have been reading. I know there are other things, but this started soon after I switched to a 242 transfer case, and I know I was stretching some wire harnesses, even after disconnecting them. If it's not one of those wires causing the problems, I'd sure like some advice such as how to test if I have a bad solenoid pack. I am willing drop the trans. pan. Oh, and I did do fluid and filter change within last 50 miles on the truck. Thanks in advance. AL.
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I could help more.
Smile
cajzmere

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YO MAN!! That's perfect!! That's for the 46RH? Sweet!!
What book is that from?I got the actual schematics from the library for which color wires to look for, but 97,000 road miles later it's kinda hard to tell.
Your pic takes all the guesswork out. Thank You Brutha!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it from my Hayne's. Glad I could help!!! Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: