Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

97 xj is driving me nuts

View previous topic :: View next topic  
outlawrepoman70

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: 97 xj is driving me nuts Reply with quote

my 97 xj cuts out normally when trying to pass or going up hill.It seems to happen the most while kicking it down in passing gear.but it will do it if i take off from a stop sign.the vehicle is completely stock.4.0.Automatic.ive changed the plugs wires distributor cap rotor button.When this didnt fix the problem Ibrought it to a reputable mechanic who told me I needed a new pcm.I had him replace it and then brought it to the jeep dealership to have it reset.6 hours later ive got the same problem.Check engine light is on.still cutting out and sometimes it sounds as though it may be backfiring through the intake.PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME>
JeepinNH

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you haven't yet, get the code pulled and post it. The only time I had an issue with my engine cutting out was when the upper O2 sensor started to die. I never got an O2 failure code.

Present: 99 Cherokee
Past: 86, 87 Cherokee; 94 Grand Cherokee
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: