Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PLEASE advise-2004 4.0 6cyl Grand Cherokee

View previous topic :: View next topic  
holderone

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: PLEASE advise-2004 4.0 6cyl Grand Cherokee Reply with quote

Hello all...as a "newbie" here..sorry to post this as I did a search but could not find anything definitive. My SE 04 2wd 6cyl G/C has 61k on it now. It was a lease and I decided to purchase it as it has only given me a few minor problems. This Jeep was driven mainly on the highway 60 miles round trip a day up until 3 months ago. Now it is driven mainly around town. My question is about the following several maintenance items..due to its mileage 61k, WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND as far as a drain and refill with filter replacement OR all out flush of the automatic transmission? I have read the manual and called 3 dealers ALL with different suggestions and ofcourse prices! Since it is 2wd, should I also have the rear axle drained and refilled as well? About 5k ago I had the spark plugs replaced and new front rotors/pads replaced. I now hear a squeaking from the brakes as I am starting off which goes away around 10 mph or so...should the rear brake rotors be turned and pads replaced so soon? Finally, at times when idling there is a what sounds to be a squeal coming from the drive belt and everytime when I shut off the motor a brief squeal. Should I have the drive belt replaced due to the mileage? It does not have any signs of cracks etc. Thank you so very much for your time reading and giving me your expert advice. I thought what better place to ask about these things due to all of your experiences and knowledge! If there is anything else you feel I should have done at this mileage interval please let me know. I plan to keep this vehicle for as long as she will hold up! Thanks again!
5.9 andy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st of all...welcome to the fourm.

will all this work be done by you or by a shop?
Brad The Best

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the transmission should be fine just change the oil and filter , im sure some one will tell you to put in synthetic oils , i personally don't except for axle's because i get free swepco . its to expensive for my taste , perhaps i will after my engine build but ya .
holderone

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: reply to 5.9 Andy Reply with quote

5.9 andy wrote:
1st of all...welcome to the fourm.

will all this work be done by you or by a shop?

Hello 5.9 Andy and thanks....I will be taking the Jeep to the dealer since these are more involved service issues.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: