Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Still not running please help diagnose.... this sucks bad!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DankNesS

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Still not running please help diagnose.... this sucks bad!!! Reply with quote

SO on the way back from a wheeling trip that i left early, due to low RPMs and having to crank it way to much to start, i was almost home and the check engine light came on.. when i got home i checked it and got code 32. well i couldnt get it to stay started longer then 3 secounds after that then it just wouldnt start at all.. I decided to go ahead and change the fuel pump to eliminate that as a possibility. well when i tested my old pump on a battery nada and the new pump kicked right on.. SCORE! i thought this was the end of my troubles! after doing the swampy bypass and getting everything hooked up i tried to start it.. battery dead. so i tried to jump it.. bad connection... i ended up getting a new terminal... ok now i can get it to keep a good charge of about 12v and when i try to start her itll kick to life just to die out just as fast. im really getting depressed here Confused guys so any suggestions would be most rightous. Jeep on
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a suggestion, swap batteries with your TJ and see if it will stay running with that battery. Even though it won't stay running, is it working better than before the new pump?
DankNesS

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

id have to say no... it would kick on just to die immediately b4 the fuel pump change... il try the battery swap and see how that goes... i have a red top so i really dont thin its battery.. i need to get my hands on a fuel pressure tester.. im thinkn its still not right... maybe if i replaced my stock regulator and fuel rails like i -planned on thatll help.. when it rains it poors!!!!!!! got laid off... jeep wont start..... dropped my phone in the gas tank- later phone... sun burnt... no cash.... well up is the only place i can go from here so i jus cant wait to see some clear skys... metaphoricly of course its hotter then shit in this crappy desert
redzjon31's

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you replaced the map sensor, if it is starting and then just dies try that sensor
DankNesS

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wat up bro? naw i havent replaced any sensors... i want to keep the unneeded sensor buying to a minimum... at 40 bucks tho that aint to bad. do you know any way to determine if it is that sensor? ive jus heard it could be the IAC or EGR or even the CPS so now im just like uh.... ya which one?? i dont have the flow to buy all of em or id do it just to elliminate possibilities. i hate life when my ZJ isnt happy Sad

BTW i love the 35's with no fenders!! you sick dawg that is jus too much! i think your makin a wise choice goin down to 33's let me know if you find a good deal
DankNesS

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: UPDATE Reply with quote

ok so after taking the advice of a fellow jeeper on a differant forum i went ahead and broke it down to determine if its electrical or fuel related.. it sounded like fuel to him so he said to check the pressure on the rail again- which i thought of but the new pump led me astray. and to determine if im getting spark to the plugs.. well i checked the pressure and just like before the fuel pump change i have ZERO psi. i will update as it unfolds. at least im kinda getn somewhere......
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No fuel pressure with the new pump??? Easy test for that is taking the hose off the front end side of the pump(Where you put the rubber line.) and turn on the key.. If its pumping fuel go to the regulator.

If its not pumping fuel check the wiring..

Let us know what you find..

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DankNesS

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i took the line off the out end of the pump and i turned the key i could hear the pump whirl but no gas came out.. some gas did poor in my face when i dissconnected the line tho.. so now im gonna take apart the canister
DankNesS

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess im a big dumb idiot.. folks pay no attention to him. so ya the line some how was barely too long, enough to create a suction on the bottom of the canister and suck up zero gas! i removed a hair or 2 of the line and it is all good! what a relief!!!! im very lucky and humble ive thanked the jeep gods again and again... i should have guessed it was my own fault! but since it was displaying the same symptoms as b4 the bypass i thought it was something else! so ya i feel really foolish but at least its running and i am now getting fuel!!! pissed pissed they need an emoticon of ace ventura doing the "can you feel it huh huh??" headbang
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rofl

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: