Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Want my jeep to sound mean...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> General Tech
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DankNesS

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm...... its a lil to early to get into it... SO im so sorry for my tone i dont want to cause problems.... YES i have had my Jeep dyno d 3 times. all my opinons are my own and i base them on real life experience and web research... damn code 3 did you read all of my posts? did i ever say that flowmaster is the BEST muffler? NO i did say for the price 80 bucks, the readyness of availablility, the sound, the durrability, AND the performance gains, Flowmaster is a great muffler! SOB are you guys are hell bent on stopping flowmaster purchases? remember b4 you talk crap that i actually am running a flowmaster now... on my jeep alone i had glass packs cherry bomb and str8 pipe... all of which are said to flow "better" than flowmaster... BUT flowmaster provides the MOST performance gains especially low end.. quite frankly i think the person who started this thread doesnt give a poop about mufflers any more... also there is better mufflers out there... BUT a muffler alone is not going to yield that much of a performance gain... it just isnt that big of an upgrade so try what you want to get the sound you want
1fox2go

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5.9 andy wrote:
i would consider those to be hamster mazes....i rats mazes are a bit more complex.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

DankNesS wrote:
BUT a muffler alone is not going to yield that much of a performance gain... it just isnt that big of an upgrade so try what you want to get the sound you want

thats what i have been saying, I'm sure there are better options out there, but for the sound most people like the flowmaster
Brad The Best

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the removal of the cat or gutting of it makes any muffler sound better , if you want to gut it you can ether cut a hole in it and rip it all out and then weld it up again or take it out and shove a piece of pipe down it and knock everything out .

i just put in a piece of pipe instead of messing around with the cat .

if you love the environment or have inspection then leave the cat . Smile i would probably run one but they are way to expensive
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reamed mine out with a piece of pipe. It was shot and the insides were rattling. So I either had to hollow it or buy a new one. I used an old weight bar. Had to leave it on for inspection reasons. They have to see a cat or no sticker in MA.
greenbean

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 2cents. I am not a fan of flowmaster but do agree they have a great sound. IMHO the BANKs stinger is kick arse, stainless, real quality, great sound! But expensive. Does it give any performance gains? maybe a tiny bit, but none of these minor mods are going to give you a truly noticable difference in power where you go "Holy SH!T!" and get slammed in your seat. Jeeps generaly are not built or designed for that. (There are a few exceptions) Anyway, it's kinda silly to argue about....

Greenbean Very Happy
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Dankiness, I have read your posts and for the most part, I can't really figure out what you're trying to say other than referring to "your little lab" and not basing opinions " on your OWN exploits." I find both of those condescending. I base my opinions on my experience with Flowmasters. If you're looking for the sound, if you'd bothered to read my post, get the flowmaster and knock yourself out. If you're looking for a real performance increase then get a different product. Is that clear enough? Need me to draw you a picture?

The original poster wanted to make his jeep sound "mean" which is open to interpretation. For the most part, I think it's been covered several times over and this thread has run it's course. Therefore I'm going to lock it. If anybody wants to whine about it, please feel free to send me a PM.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> General Tech All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: