Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TJ wannabe....

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject: TJ wannabe.... Reply with quote

Alright.....Well I'm a 21 mother of two and my 3 year old son wants me to get a jeep because the Dad of the kids that I care for have a CJ. After speaking with him who has had Wranglers since he was my age I figured I'd stick with a newer one and get a TJ but being new in Wranglers let alone non Japanese vehicles(I currently have a Acura TSX and have had Honda and Nissan my whole life) I have no idea where to begin other than I know I want a TJ. I've been looking at a few on Craigslist and fell in love with one that was already modified to where I'd want it to be but I've read that you have to watch out for premodified Wranglers but I already knew that coming from a modifying background but like I said I'm new in this section. So my questions are what do I need to look out for when investigating the TJ other than offroading evidence and what do I need to look for in lifted and engine mods? (Don't worry I'm not totally clueless in vehicles I know what I know) Thanks!-Blaire Embarassed [/b]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My biggest concern for you would be car seats. My wife is expecting our first in October, and we're already concerned about a seat that will fit. The only one we've found that will fit in back AND allow a pseenger in the front is the Britax Roundabout. At over $200 it's not cheap. But, then again, having the choice of paying $200 for a car seat, or getting rid of the TJ, I'll be asking for a car seat for my birthday. You might want to look into a LJ or a 4-door JK. Ok, now to answer your question, I'd be concerned with buying a modified Jeep. You have no idea if the installs were done professionally, and the what the quality of the install is.
The Link Meister
The Link Meister

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, first off I would visit your local car dealer. Drive a TJ of your liking. You could try the 4 door model and as well try driving an older version "non-4door" see what would fit and what will not fit.

Take it for a spin and make sure its going to suit your needs. I hate to say it, but even though your son really likes them it might not suit your family needs at the moment.

If its what you want. I would do like your doing. Ask questions and figure out exactly what you want. Sure it would be great to buy a pre-modded Jeep, but I'll ask the question. Why is the person selling his modded Jeep? He/she wheeled the tar out of it? Did they start the mod process and not re-gear, which will cost you 800-1200 to complete to get the power feeling back. Its very typical because the Jeep gets lifted and tires thrown on, but the funds where not available to complete plus its a not seen.
1600+ Write-ups, and more
My Writeups | My Heap

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see lots of used stock TJ's out there with low millage and even some warranty left! you should really test drive one and see if you like it! a good suggestion! best of luck to you.
TJgirl Jeeps Rock!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: